Sign in with
Your question

Help on diagnosing led blinks on motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
March 29, 2011 5:03:55 PM

Hello, i m using a msi motherboard, model 770 c 35... recently there is a sudden powercut and when i restarted the computer, it is very unstable.
The symptoms are...
1. i cant play any musics.. the music will stop for few seconds the continues again, so as movies and dramas. im quite sure its not software cos almost all program, media player classic, etc will hav the same problem. sometimes surfing on the net will hav sudden stop of things, such as i cant type or move my mouse for a few sec, then becomes normal again...
2. i tried runnin remtest and prime95... its very unstable as the computer will hang after 15-20mins on both programs. =(
3. i d realised the power phase led on the motherboard keeps blinking, there 4 leds, which designate 4 stage of power phase according to the manual... the 2,3 and 4th power phase of led keeps blinking... dats quite abnormal.

my specs...
motherboard: msi 770 c35
amd 550be
ram: kingston value kit ddr3 1333
power supply: cooler master 460 watt
graphics: hd4850 512mb
hdd: 1 tb wd carviar black

OK... so what shud i do? is it a power supply problem?? or i shud reformat first? is it a hardware or software problem??
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 5:17:53 PM

Sounds like a power supply problem to me and would probably be the easiest thing to try.
March 29, 2011 5:19:20 PM

how shud i try it? replace it with another psu n run it??? @.@ i dun hav any spare layin ard tho =(
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 7:33:42 PM

kon said:
how shud i try it? replace it with another psu n run it??? @.@ i dun hav any spare layin ard tho =(

Buy one and try it.
!