Solved

Best AMD system for HD 6850

I wanna build an AMD system, but I need some advice from all of u. I have less exp with AMD build.

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD6850. I would like to use it for moderate gaming. What is the best CPU and mobo for HD 6850? I'm not expecting maximum performance as I have to spend more money for it. I just want optimal performance. Do I need 8gb, 16gb, or enough with 4gb RAM? It's ok to pay more for the parts if it's worth it. Last, is a Sapphire HD6850 good? (average, below, or above; compared with other 6850)

Thank You so much.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best system 6850
  1. Sapphire is fine for the 6850, it gets solid user reviews on newegg and pretty much everywhere else. 4GB of RAM should be fine unless you plan on doing memory intensive stuff outside of gaming.

Before anyone can give you specific recommendations for a system you probably should list what budget you are looking at, if you want to overclock, or are planning on a crossfire upgrade later. Monitor size and what games you play also weigh into the decision making, albeit a bit less since you have the GPU already.

Fill this out and edit it into your OP and people can start digging for you.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  2. Best answer
    Saphire is a good make, 4Gb of RAM is all you need for gaming. As for CPU it depends on your budget if its small an Athlon X3 440 or 450 is a good choice if you can afford it the 955Be is better or a phenom x6 is more future proof but not much better now.
  3. maawdawg said:
    Sapphire is fine for the 6850, it gets solid user reviews on newegg and pretty much everywhere else. 4GB of RAM should be fine unless you plan on doing memory intensive stuff outside of gaming.

Before anyone can give you specific recommendations for a system you probably should list what budget you are looking at, if you want to overclock, or are planning on a crossfire upgrade later. Monitor size and what games you play also weigh into the decision making, albeit a bit less since you have the GPU already.

Fill this out and edit it into your OP and people can start digging for you.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Thanx for your attention. I just don't know how to make it specific. For example, I don't know what the optimal monitor resolution for 6850 is, or is it necessary to go CF for moderate gaming. My budget is ~$750, but it's ok for me to spend $1000 or more as long as it's worth the performance. Oh, I've already had my keyboard+mouse.

Thanx before...
  4. simon12 said:
    Saphire is a good make, 4Gb of RAM is all you need for gaming. As for CPU it depends on your budget if its small an Athlon X3 440 or 450 is a good choice if you can afford it the 955Be is better or a phenom x6 is more future proof but not much better now.

I like the 955BE. What's mobo which I can use for it?
  5. any thing with a AM3 socket try ASRock 870 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157198&cm_re=Asrock_870_extreme3-_-13-157-198-_-Product
    -$89.99
  6. Best answer selected by sixthseven.
  7. Thanks for the best answer I can also recommend the Asrock 870 Extreme 3. I used to always get Asus but my buget was limited so I went Asrock and was very happy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build HD Performance AMD Sapphire Systems Product