Will the CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 fit into a Dell Studio 540

Pshoesr

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Will the Corsair Builder Series CX600 Watt power supply fit into the Dell Studio 540 ? Trying to add a better video card and Blu-ray burner and need the extra power for the video card. Don't want to purchase and then not fit into the box.

Thanks-

Solution
Yes, it will fit. You may have a slight gap at the back of the case afterward, but not an issue. Dell sometimes uses oddly sized PSUs (like in my XPS 410), but a "standard PSU mounts just fine. Proceed and have fun!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, it will fit. You may have a slight gap at the back of the case afterward, but not an issue. Dell sometimes uses oddly sized PSUs (like in my XPS 410), but a "standard PSU mounts just fine. Proceed and have fun!

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

when i install psu in dells stock cases i used a psu gasket help with noise on those wierd cases.

Pshoesr

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011

Thanks for the GOOD information. Always a pain to order something that you think "might" will work and then find out after it get there that it won't work. Am thinking of installing the GTX450 video card as well and I know that the Corsair will supply plenty for that.

Thanks to all that responded to help me. :) :)