VPA: Problem with Utilx.dat

Hi there,

I am having some trouble with my vpa concerning UTILx.dat files. If I copy
them (or it without allies) into my game directory, I can't see the planet
resources for new planets anymore. If I remove the Util.dat files all is
fine again, but I'm missing the util.dat infos.

Any ideas?

thx,

Chris

Op 2005-01-11, Chris Broeg schreef <broeg@gmx.de>:
> I am having some trouble with my vpa concerning UTILx.dat files. If I copy
> them (or it without allies) into my game directory, I can't see the planet
> resources for new planets anymore. If I remove the Util.dat files all is
> fine again, but I'm missing the util.dat infos.
>
> Any ideas?

My first guess would be that the util file is from the wrong
turn. Maybe something got mixed up due to a rehost? The aslenium game
at planetsserver.com where you and I are playing got rehosted. Are you
sure you've got the right files? (I haven't tried mine yet.)

"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
whether submarines can swim." - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hi,

> My first guess would be that the util file is from the wrong
> turn. Maybe something got mixed up due to a rehost? The aslenium game
> at planetsserver.com where you and I are playing got rehosted. Are you
> sure you've got the right files? (I haven't tried mine yet.)

I also have a different game running on my host. And it is also for me
the same. I get more planetary info if I don't use utilx.dat.

Regards,
Ingo

Possibly the format of data in utilx.dat is wrong. this can lead to a
misreading uf structures,

"Ingo von Borstel" <newsgroups@planetmaker.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> >
> > My first guess would be that the util file is from the wrong
> > turn. Maybe something got mixed up due to a rehost? The aslenium game
> > at planetsserver.com where you and I are playing got rehosted. Are you
> > sure you've got the right files? (I haven't tried mine yet.)
>
> I also have a different game running on my host. And it is also for me
> the same. I get more planetary info if I don't use utilx.dat.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Hi,

> Possibly the format of data in utilx.dat is wrong. this can lead to a
> misreading uf structures,

Possible. But normally in such a case, I'd suspect the display of bogus
data. That is not the case. Data are just missing.

Regards,
Ingo

--
Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
http://www.planetmaker.de

If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.

Again,

it is not the structures that are wrong, but the planet core mineral content
is missing completly! This only applies to unowned planets that you orbit
the first time. It is VERY annoying. I am not sure if I am missing some
other info without thu util.dat files. It happens in both my THOST and PHOST
game.

Regards,

Chris