Compaq Presario 700Z Hardware/Maint manual?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 23, 2005 3:05:37 AM

I am trying to help a friend of mine by replacing the 14" LCD on a Presario
700Z. I have replaced a LOT of LCD's on Thinkpads, and have IBM's Hardware
Maint manual to guide in disassembly, but found little in the way of anything
useful on Compaq's site. Does Compaq have anything for the public that helps
owners fix their own computers? If not, can anyone that has replaced LCDs on a
Presario help with disassembly steps on this 700z?

Thanks

BIll
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 23, 2005 9:04:43 PM

Never mind, found torx screws under the rubber pads, got the bezel off, removed
the smashed LCD. Now 'just have to find one thats reasonable. Compaq wants
$649 for a new one, so anything under $250 would prob do...

"Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC" wrote:

> I am trying to help a friend of mine by replacing the 14" LCD on a Presario
> 700Z. I have replaced a LOT of LCD's on Thinkpads, and have IBM's Hardware
> Maint manual to guide in disassembly, but found little in the way of anything
> useful on Compaq's site. Does Compaq have anything for the public that helps
> owners fix their own computers? If not, can anyone that has replaced LCDs on a
> Presario help with disassembly steps on this 700z?
>
> Thanks
>
> BIll
> The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I am BillGatus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assim
[General Protection Fault]
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 24, 2005 3:17:06 PM

Sold one last week for 178.00 shipped to the door.. We may have
another and can check if you are still in need..
www.ikenfixit.com
a b D Laptop
February 26, 2005 5:03:12 AM

ikenfixit wrote:

> Sold one last week for 178.00 shipped to the door.. We may have
> another and can check if you are still in need..
> www.ikenfixit.com

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTT? $178 for a maint manual? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why is IBM selling so well? Manuals are free.
I am BillGatus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assim
[General Protection Fault]
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 26, 2005 10:46:13 AM

Hey! Pay attention! $178 was for the display, not the manual! Geez! Go
get another cup of coffee! ;-)

- Gail Phillips

!