Sign in with
Your question

Video Artifacting through HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2010 12:11:34 AM

I have a bit of an odd problem. I have a monitor that will take DVI-D and will also take HDMI. The problem is that im getting artifacting (very little) around some of the icons and things on the desktop.

Im running 2x Sapphire 5870's in crossfire and they are running perfectly. Have played many games with them with no problems.

The monitor I have is a samsung SyncMaster 2494hm which has also been running nicely.

I can play games, etc through the DVI port no problem at all. I would like to use the HDMI port as the monitor has built in speakers and I would like to use them.

Plus this is just confusing to me why one would work fine with the other one not.

A bit more information is that I checked on the monitor display as to what is going into it. The one where you press the menu tab and go down to the "information" screen

For the DVI port I got the following specs.
66.6khz 60Hz PN
1920x1080

For the HDMI I got
67.5khz 60Hz PP
1920x1080

Any thoughts that could shed some light on this?

More about : video artifacting hdmi

November 20, 2011 11:22:25 PM

sweetchi said:
I have a bit of an odd problem. I have a monitor that will take DVI-D and will also take HDMI. The problem is that im getting artifacting (very little) around some of the icons and things on the desktop.

Im running 2x Sapphire 5870's in crossfire and they are running perfectly. Have played many games with them with no problems.

The monitor I have is a samsung SyncMaster 2494hm which has also been running nicely.

I can play games, etc through the DVI port no problem at all. I would like to use the HDMI port as the monitor has built in speakers and I would like to use them.

Plus this is just confusing to me why one would work fine with the other one not.

A bit more information is that I checked on the monitor display as to what is going into it. The one where you press the menu tab and go down to the "information" screen

For the DVI port I got the following specs.
66.6khz 60Hz PN
1920x1080

For the HDMI I got
67.5khz 60Hz PP
1920x1080

Any thoughts that could shed some light on this?

Yes but I don't think you wanna hear it but here it is your HDMI/DVI connector on your monitor is toast, your vga will work fine for general use but you will not be able to play blu-rays sorry for the late answer it just recently happened to me.
m
l
!