Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Looking for a new Low Profile video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 5, 2010 12:40:05 AM

Question1:
I am look for a new Low Profile video card for my Dell Dimension C521 with a 280 watt PSU to replace my VisionTek Radeon 2400HD PRO card with a MDS-59 connector. Can any one help my out here?

Question 2:

Will this card work with my PSU?

More about : low profile video card

a c 172 U Graphics card
November 5, 2010 12:46:22 AM

I am not sure that it would be a good choice but you could take the risk of getting a GTS450 low profile (yes there is one) but it looks like a big candy bare but people have complained about the thermals and noise but its the best LP card out there. If it is for basic like video ect then you can look at a low cost 5450 LP which will blow your old 2400 pro away and I used to have one my self. Its the most stable ati card that I ever had except for my first encounter with drivers.
November 5, 2010 1:07:24 AM

nforce4max said:
I am not sure that it would be a good choice but you could take the risk of getting a GTS450 low profile (yes there is one) but it looks like a big candy bare but people have complained about the thermals and noise but its the best LP card out there. If it is for basic like video ect then you can look at a low cost 5450 LP which will blow your old 2400 pro away and I used to have one my self. Its the most stable ati card that I ever had except for my first encounter with drivers.


The first card you mention is out of my price range the second is fine any others I should look for? I like to play games too like the new Need For Speed That is coming out in two weeks. How this card handle with a game like that?
Related resources
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 5, 2010 1:34:04 AM

It will do ok but don't expect to play at the same res and settings like the big boy but for it just to play the game it will do it. You could try to look for a higher end part but it is unlikely that you are going to find any thing that is much better or something that will come quickly (don't count on the postal system working /cough cough president and most of the white house staff have left the country and the rich are leaving in droves) The 5450 is ok for casual gaming if the res isn't to much above 1280x1024
November 10, 2010 12:25:07 AM

nforce4max said:
It will do ok but don't expect to play at the same res and settings like the big boy but for it just to play the game it will do it. You could try to look for a higher end part but it is unlikely that you are going to find any thing that is much better or something that will come quickly (don't count on the postal system working /cough cough president and most of the white house staff have left the country and the rich are leaving in droves) The 5450 is ok for casual gaming if the res isn't to much above 1280x1024


Ok i'll look into that but what about HD 4000 series would that be a good choice?
November 10, 2010 1:22:04 AM

ITsonic said:
Ok i'll look into that but what about HD 4000 series would that be a good choice?


Actually the low end 5000 series cards require less power.
Dave
November 10, 2010 4:34:25 PM

stillerfan15 said:
Actually the low end 5000 series cards require less power.
Dave


How much power do the low end HD 5000 series use?
a c 172 U Graphics card
November 10, 2010 7:04:23 PM

ITsonic said:
How much power do the low end HD 5000 series use?


Not much at all and close to around 30w give or take for the 5450.
!