thaidiver2011

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Hi all, this is my first thread but not my first build, but im stumped!

So lets get the boring bit out of the way!

Rampage 3 extreme
Corsair HX 1000W ATX Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply
16GB Ripjaw Ram
I7 950
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 X2 (for sli, i know greedy! lol)
Antec - Three Hundred PC Tower Case.
i thinks thats it!

Built everything on my anti static matt and spent bloody ages getting all the cables just the right way making sure nothing was getting in the way or likely to short out, turned her on, (easier than the misses!) powers up ok but wasnt getting anything on my moniter so changed moniters still no luck, so opened her up to discover that there is a red light on, on the cpu leds, (if people know this board, it comes with a row of leds that light up if there is any propblems with any of the components).
next checked all the obvious things loose cables, (p.s fan on cpu works?) cpu fan cable, checked ram is all seated and in right slots,checked gpu's seated and in right slots basically unpluged all components and double checked all were seated and in their right slots, still no joy, next i bread boarded it with just one stick of ram one gpu still no luck tried with no gpu, no go. checked it with a spare 850 caorsir psu, no go.

so next thing on the list got my old trusty multimeter out to test voltages, i dont really do electric but everything seemed ok but ill post the results anyway, just for fun!

POWER ON POWER OFF TURNING ON

ORANGE, 3.32 0.14 GOES TO 3.32 IN LESS THAN A SECOND
GREY, 4.88 0 LESS THAN A SECOND
PURPLE 5.09 5.09 5.09
YELLOW, 12.07 0 LESS THAN A SECOND
RED, 5.07 0 LESS THAN A SECOND

i would really appreciate any views on this, i hope the board is ok as a mate has basically given me this brand new board as he has a new antec media center to play with now and dont want to have to tell him the this board if no good.

Thanks in advance.