G41c-vs help

trex2strike

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
For the longest time since I've gotten my custom computer, it's been randomly locking up. It happens at any time, whether I'm playing a game or simply browsing. Sometimes it goes away but most of the time I have to restart my computer. Then when I restart it, it refuses to boot into windows (windows 7), usually saying disk read error or just not getting passed the BIOS check. I can restart it several times and it will not go into windows. The ONLY way to make it work is to reset both pieces of ram. I have exchanged the RAM and am still getting the same problem. Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? Let me know if you need more information. I'd appreciate any advice..thanks

I've tried REFORMATTING, updating drivers...

Specs:

Motherboard: Asrock G41c-vs
Processor: Intel C2D E7500
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4350
Ram: Transcend 4 GB DDR3 dual channel
PSU: 450 Watt

trex2strike

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Yeah I have used HD senitnel to monitor my HDD's. I have 2 HDD with 500 &250 GB capacity. MY 500 GB has 10 bad sectors and the 250 thing reports not bad sectors. However the log file in the program says 'error occured while communicating with host' 326 times. I assume the host hear means my mo-bo....or may be I am wrong. Any advice. Thanks