Crossfire problems

Hi everyone,

I have two Gigabyte HD 5750 graphics card plugged into an Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard (in slots 1 and 3) with a crossfire bridge connecting them. I have installed the latest ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Centre but the crossfire tab does not appear in Catalyst Control Centre so I cannot enable crossfire. Under Graphics -> Information Centre -> Graphics Hardware the second adapter is headed "disabled adapter" so I guess it's not working now. I am running Windows 7.

I have tried the following fix which I got of the Internet somewhere:

- remove ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Centre, shut down
- remove second graphics card
- boot, install ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Centre
- shut down, install second graphics card, boot
- shut down, install crossfire bridge, boot

But this didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix?

Thanks folks,
Steve
7 answers Last reply
More about crossfire problems
  1. Try Both cards individually to make sure they are both working correctly.

Also can you list your PC's system Spec's?
  2. Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried both cards and they are both working individually. My system specs are Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard (BIOS 1005) - X58 chipset, 12GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM, two Gigabyte HD 5750 Graphics cards, Core i7 980x processor.

Thanks,
    Steve
  3. An what power supply are you using?
  4. It's a 1000W power supply - Silverstone Strider Plus
  5. Thanks, problem solved. It seems that if your are using Windows 7 64 bit you need to install the latest version of Catalyst Control Centre (10.10) which is available from the AMD site not Gigabyte. Once I did this the Crossfire tab appeared in CCC and I could enable crossfire.

Thanks for your help omgitzfatal.
  6. Well you sorted it out not me lol, enjoy your cards! :)
  7. As usual people supply incorrect info. You said you installed the latest drivers, but the latest drivers always come from AMD's site - not Gigabyte. All of us think AMD for the latest drivers.

I would have told you not to use the Gigabyte supplied drivers - they are always behind.

Glad you solved it
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Crossfire Catalyst Graphics