ASUS P8Z68-V Build Problem

aaron524

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
I have a friend who is building a computer with an ASUS P8Z68-V with an i7 CPU and 8GB of RAM and a EVGA 01G-P3-1373-AR along with a GeForce GTX 460. With all the comments plugged in, we power it up and all the fans turn on along with the lights, it powers on for about 3 sec. then all the fans and light turn off, then they turn on again. We get no BIOS on the screen even when using the VGA plug on the motherboard. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

-Aaron

Solution
ok.. take a test of your mobo follow what i say.
1.take out all of ram sticks then start your pc if you hear the "BEEP" sound continously then your mobo is ok.if you didn't hear any sound then you have dead mobo.
2.after that test insert all of the rams again.now remove the heatsink then start your pc and touch your finger with processor if it get hot quickly then your mobo is ok if not then mobo is dead.

aaron524

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
The power supply is a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V, we are using the Paste that came with the CPU fan along with the heat sinks that came with the motherboard.

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
ok.. take a test of your mobo follow what i say.
1.take out all of ram sticks then start your pc if you hear the "BEEP" sound continously then your mobo is ok.if you didn't hear any sound then you have dead mobo.
2.after that test insert all of the rams again.now remove the heatsink then start your pc and touch your finger with processor if it get hot quickly then your mobo is ok if not then mobo is dead.

Solution

ezgoer101

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Im having the same problem. Eventually mine stayed on but still reboots ramdonly. I didn't do anything to correct it. I pressed on the memok button, it cycled acouple of times and then stayed on. Try that.

ezgoer101

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Try and connect just what u need to power it on. PCI express, 8 pin and 24 pin and see if it stays on. Yes it wont detect a harddrive but just see it it stays on. If it does then it might be one of your harddrives. Check for any shorts somewhere.