Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How would i know if my old PSU is compatible with new parts.

Last response: in Components
Share
March 30, 2011 11:07:53 AM

Im planning to fix my old desktop and im wondering if my old PSU can be used to supports my new MoBo, processor, and even support a SATA disk cause its using a pATA disk before.

More about : psu compatible parts

a b ) Power supply
March 30, 2011 3:34:43 PM

Since you did not give any info about your PSU, I'd say "maybe".
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 4:21:18 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Since you did not give any info about your PSU, I'd say "maybe".


my bad, its an old trendsonic atx 550w. So what you think?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 30, 2011 5:58:45 PM

asparagus said:
my bad, its an old trendsonic atx 550w. So what you think?


What's the model number?

If you have the regular power + 4 pin aux power, and SATA power leads, you should be set. Power supply standards have changed very little over the years. You may have issues with video card power, but adapters can take care of that.
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 11:16:43 PM

hang-the-9 said:
What's the model number?

If you have the regular power + 4 pin aux power, and SATA power leads, you should be set. Power supply standards have changed very little over the years. You may have issues with video card power, but adapters can take care of that.


TRENDSONIC
Model No: ATX-550w
AC Input: 115/230v~,10a/6a,50-60Hz
DC output: 550w
+3.3v +5v +12v1 +12v2 -12v +5vsb
24a 24a
20a
18a
0.5a
2.0a
140w max
m
0
l
!