Sign in with
Your question

To MAC or NOT

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2011 9:48:45 AM

Hello,
I am up to here with my several laptops running Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)READY TO GO MAC, but the MacBOOK Pro usually ONLY comes with INTEGRATED 512 VRAM cards...IS the MAC PRO TOWER the way to go...they run up to over $16,000....Is there a model I can UPGARDE with aftermarker RAM and drives???Which starter MAC PRO do you suggest for MAXIMUM expandability?

Matthew Susman

More about : mac

January 5, 2011 9:56:19 AM

What are the objectives/uses of said proposed laptop?

(I can't think of a single thing a Mac can do that 12 pieces of software for the WIndows based laptops are not available for)

Look at Alienware for PC-based laptops with losts of DDR3, 17" display, and SLI video if necessary....
m
l
January 5, 2011 10:28:27 AM

alienware abd especially mac are overpriced and use fairly cheap cmoponents(again especially mac). Either build yourself or buy from enthousiast stores like falcon northwest or malibal.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2011 5:04:38 AM

mdd1963 said:
What are the objectives/uses of said proposed laptop?

(I can't think of a single thing a Mac can do that 12 pieces of software for the WIndows based laptops are not available for)

Look at Alienware for PC-based laptops with losts of DDR3, 17" display, and SLI video if necessary....

Mostly for AUDIO/VIDEO editing
m
l
January 15, 2011 6:01:27 AM

HDfilmdoctor said:
Hello,
I am up to here with my several laptops running Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)READY TO GO MAC, but the MacBOOK Pro usually ONLY comes with INTEGRATED 512 VRAM cards...IS the MAC PRO TOWER the way to go...they run up to over $16,000....Is there a model I can UPGARDE with aftermarker RAM and drives???Which starter MAC PRO do you suggest for MAXIMUM expandability?

Matthew Susman

One of my concerns is that through MAC RUMORS.... they are warning NOT TO BUY MACBOOK PRO's as APPLE will be utilizing the 2nd generTION OF I3, i-5 AND i-7 PROCESSORS
m
l
January 15, 2011 6:04:27 AM

HDfilmdoctor said:
Hello,

Matthew Susman

i TRIt power suppluIED self build with all topshelf comnponents...COOLERMASTER fukk tower, dual SEAGATE CHEETAHS, CORSAIR PATRIOT DDR memeory, and 1000 watt power supply...this system BLEW UP 2 weeks after delivery
m
l
!