Sign in with
Your question

Usb video cards for laptop

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2010 6:02:03 PM

Hello, i have a Dell inspiron 8600 the screen went blank, i i tried a different monitor still didn't work, i change the video Card, still didn't work....What should i do ?

More about : usb video cards laptop

November 11, 2010 11:23:50 PM

The warranty has been expired a couple of years ago.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2010 12:32:43 AM

There is no such thing as a "USB video card"

if it didn't work with neither a different graphics card or monitor, it could be the cpu fried, or psu fried, or mobo fried, or memory fried, or pretty much anything.

try taking out the mobo battery and wait about an hour then put it back in. that'll reset the CMOS and make it work again if you're lucky

You're looking for something like this :
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2010 3:10:00 AM

how did u change the video card in ur laptop???
m
l
November 22, 2010 6:04:20 PM

Changing the video card is pretty simple on my " Dell Inspiron 8600 " . You just have to remove the battery, discharge any static electricity from you body by touching a metal or something. Then, unscrew the lcd bazel, remove it, remove the power button panel, remove the keyboard, disconnect the lcd cable attached to it. Then, finally unscrew and remove the video card located in the center underneath the keyboard. It's wide, flat (With 4-screws).
m
l
November 22, 2010 6:14:30 PM

In fact, my cmos battery is different and that's not the problem....Since, it has a new one on it. Then, i also forgot to mention that the system boot normally as i can hear it starting and log into Windows. Although, nothing appear on the screen and tried to plug a an external monitor....Like i said, it didn't work.

wiinippongamer said:
There is no such thing as a "USB video card"

if it didn't work with neither a different graphics card or monitor, it could be the cpu fried, or psu fried, or mobo fried, or memory fried, or pretty much anything.

try taking out the mobo battery and wait about an hour then put it back in. that'll reset the CMOS and make it work again if you're lucky

You're looking for something like this : http://www.technibble.com/articlecontent/2007/12/remove-bios-battery.jpg

m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2010 10:55:45 PM

Seems like it's time for a new laptop mate!
m
l
!