Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Socket 939 Amd Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Dual Core

Last response: in CPUs
March 30, 2011 5:22:56 PM

I have this cpu but the mobo is fried. This cpu was used for about 5 years + with a thermaltake K89 Cpu cooler with artic silver grease. What I wanna do is sell it on ebay and before I do wanna make sure it works. What can I do to make sure it works??? I don't have a mobo lying around to see if it works but I don't wanna sell something thats bad. Thanks

a c 112 à CPUs
March 30, 2011 7:38:14 PM

theres no way of testing other than putting it in a board, but to be honest your not likely to get much for it, pretty much just enough to cover the P'n'P charges.
Score
November 17, 2011 10:16:32 PM

pballjay2383 said:
I have this cpu but the mobo is fried. This cpu was used for about 5 years + with a thermaltake K89 Cpu cooler with artic silver grease. What I wanna do is sell it on ebay and before I do wanna make sure it works. What can I do to make sure it works??? I don't have a mobo lying around to see if it works but I don't wanna sell something thats bad. Thanks

So I have a single core Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 939 and would like to replace it with a dual core. Do you still have your CPU and if so how much would you wish to sell it for?
Score
Related resources
a c 471 à CPUs
November 18, 2011 3:16:21 AM

Not exactly the best bang for your buck, but you can buy an OEM Socket 939 Athlon 64 X2 4200+ for $70 + shipping.

http://www.starmicroinc.net/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=act...

You need to make sure your motherboard will support the above mentioned processor otherwise you'll be wasting your money.
Score
November 19, 2011 2:39:13 AM

LabFrog said:
So I have a single core Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 939 and would like to replace it with a dual core. Do you still have your CPU and if so how much would you wish to sell it for?

This thread was posted in March. The question was how I could test it without a motherboard b4 I sold it on ebay. And no I don't have it anymore because the cpu was toasted and I couldn't salvage it.
Score
!