Closed

Socket 939 Amd Athlon X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Dual Core

I have this cpu but the mobo is fried. This cpu was used for about 5 years + with a thermaltake K89 Cpu cooler with artic silver grease. What I wanna do is sell it on ebay and before I do wanna make sure it works. What can I do to make sure it works??? I don't have a mobo lying around to see if it works but I don't wanna sell something thats bad. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about socket athlon 4200 2ghz dual core
  1. theres no way of testing other than putting it in a board, but to be honest your not likely to get much for it, pretty much just enough to cover the P'n'P charges.
  2. pballjay2383 said:
    I have this cpu but the mobo is fried. This cpu was used for about 5 years + with a thermaltake K89 Cpu cooler with artic silver grease. What I wanna do is sell it on ebay and before I do wanna make sure it works. What can I do to make sure it works??? I don't have a mobo lying around to see if it works but I don't wanna sell something thats bad. Thanks

So I have a single core Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 939 and would like to replace it with a dual core. Do you still have your CPU and if so how much would you wish to sell it for?
  3. Not exactly the best bang for your buck, but you can buy an OEM Socket 939 Athlon 64 X2 4200+ for $70 + shipping.

http://www.starmicroinc.net/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ADA4200DAA5BV

You need to make sure your motherboard will support the above mentioned processor otherwise you'll be wasting your money.
  4. LabFrog said:
    So I have a single core Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 939 and would like to replace it with a dual core. Do you still have your CPU and if so how much would you wish to sell it for?

This thread was posted in March. The question was how I could test it without a motherboard b4 I sold it on ebay. And no I don't have it anymore because the cpu was toasted and I couldn't salvage it.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Dual Core Socket