Amd/intel reseller status?.....

marcusdawg

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hi, im wondering if you could point me in the the right direction.

I’m a registered disabled system builder based in south-east england. Working from home, my wife and I build computers to order for other disabled (mentally and physically) users.

We design home and intermediate systems based on the AMD/intel 2 and 4 core processors. The systems we design are relatively simple, designed to run the windows xp and 7 platforms. Most of our builds also accommodate speech recognition software for obvious reasons.

We are currently building between 5-10 systems a month, but have recently been approached by 2 local companies whom wish to employ our services ,I have also taken on another person(also disabled) in a full-time capacity to assist and train.

My question is this….although we produce units in what I assume is small numbers, is it possible for us to deal direct with amd/intel trade or reseller status - so that we can access trade prices rather than purchasing from our current supplier(amazon.co.uk/ebuyer ect) to help reduce costs to our end users.

Any help or assistance/contacts/advice would be very much appreciated. Over to you!

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
It would seem the best thing to do is send something like this post to Intel/AMD. If Ebuyer can do it, I don't see why you can't. You might have to register as self-employed or as a business etc. if not already.