Closed Solved

GTX 460 with CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W

Does anyone know if the MSI GTX 460 and the Corsair 520HX modular PS will work together? I read that the GTX 460 needs 2x 6-pin connectors. I also read the Corsair doesn't have such connectors. However, on the Corsair site, it lists the PS coming with a PCI-E 6+2 pin. I'm fairly confused. Thanks!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair cmpsu 520hx 520w
  1. You are fine. The HX series from Corsair is their Professional series and is probably the best power supply on the market. The 6+2 pin is exactly that, a 6 pin cable with another small 2 pin cable attached to it. It is used for 8 pin connections. If you only need a 6 pin connection, the smaller 2 pin wire separates and pulls out of the way.
  2. Correct: One 6+2 pin connector is different than 2 x 6-pin connectors. A 6+2 pin connector means the plug will separate to power either a 6- or an 8-pin plug.

You will need an adapter to provide the second 6-pin plug, like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189120&cm_re=PCIe_power_adapter-_-12-189-120-_-Product

With that adapter, the Corsair will provide plenty of power.
  3. Thank you very much everyone! I was worried I'd have to buy another PS.
  4. Best answer
    The Corsair 520HX is an SLi/X-fire capable unit and as such comes with two 6+2 pin leads, so no extra leads need to be bought.
  5. The PSU is modular, and they give you a bunch of different cable types. You only have to use the ones you need. Mine actually came with a really cool velvet-like drawstring sack to keep your extra cables and accessories in.
  6. Sorry - I assumed the OP was correct and had one 6+2 cable. Thanks for the correction.
  7. Best answer selected by ddhleigh.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Corsair Graphics Product