Solved

Does start any thing except Start/Reset LED

First time building it

Here is the Configuration
Motherboard : ASUS Rampage III Formula LGA 1366 Intel X58
CPU : I7 980
Graphics : EVGA 01G-P3-1467-AR GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
PSU : Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC
HDD : WD20EARS 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Case : Antec 1200
Not yet connected Intel X-25m 160GB SSD

Nothing starts on power on, not even chasis, CPU and PSU fans.

I did not connect any speaker but I got one short beep may be from built-in speaker or some thing.(LEAD just above eSata connectors led blinks once)

Connections : Double/Triple checked connections
Connected to 24pin & 8-pin & 4-pin CPU power connector, 2 8 pins to GPU Power connector.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does start thing start reset
  1. Best answer
    Swap the new PSU into a known working system to see if it is working.

You can also try disconnecting all devices except the mobo and GPU (HDD, optical drive, etc) to see if the system will post.

You should also look here for a great troubleshooting guide from Tom's:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/288241-31-read-posting-buyer-guides-troubleshooting

Good luck!
  2. Best answer selected by vedura.
  3. found the issue and fixed it. Your trouble shooting guide really helps a lot

Issue was the connection between chasis fan power to Mobo,after removing the connection did the trick. I thought that was need so we mobo can control chasis fans. Even without that all the chasis fans are working , mobo is still controlling them,I think through PSU.

thank you
  4. Glad you found the problem and resolved it. Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems