which 11g to get for my notebook

BigRat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, I'm planning to get a wireless card for my inspiron 5150.
I'm in the UK now and I'm looking at these two:

BELKIN F5D7010UK for GBP 21.11
BELKIN F5D7050UK for GBP 22.00

As you can see they both cost about the same. the first one is pcmcia and the second is usb. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with them. These two are the cheapest brand name I can get.

Anyone heard of Dynamode before? Their cards cost about the same so I was wondering if they're any good.

Cheers mates

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink: :evil:

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
If you are using a belkin wireless router/AP it would be better to get a blekin wireless adaptor than another brand. Belkin wireless routers/APs do NOT like non belkin wireless adaptors.
What ever wireless accesspoint you have get a wireless adaptor from the same company, it usually works out better.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

BigRat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Belkin's got a lot of problems? And I thought they were a good brand lol. A NetGear came out at 10 pounds a few weeks ago and it was out of stock by the time I saw it. Been kicking myself ever since.

Hmm it wass a tough choice to make but I just ordered the USB one. I like them cos its quite cheap compared to the others. 10 pounds difference is quite a lot to me cos I'm an international student here.

I need it to get connected to the uni network in the library. I can't see what access points they have since they're all in a box with just the two antennas sticking out.

Thanks for all your comments...I'll write again when I receive it to let you guys know my experiences with it. Should take a few days. Probably get it by friday GMT.

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink: :evil:

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have DLink 520G for about 2 years, laptop fell on it, broke the things (still holds on wires;) and it is still working wonders on "long distance" (connected over 2, 3 hundred yards all the time). Working like it should, and I don't think they are more expansive than Belkin.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...