Want to get back into the game.

About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.

Shanks,
Loki
8 answers Last reply
More about want back game
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Welcome Back!
    There are plent of good sites out there:

    Battlestar Command Bridge
    The Last Domain
    The Echo Cluster
    RC World
    just to name a few!
    (sorry about those I left out... just shot of the ones on the top of my
    head)

    Ed
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    I was in the same boat a few weeks ago I played from first release (or
    near to) till around 4 years ago. I could no longer justify the hours
    I would spend per turn near endgame. But alas, can't stay away forever
    and I have returned. I am now on turn 6 of my 2005 debut. Already
    missed a turn :( My time is not like it used to be.

    Oh well.
    Lets give it a go.
    Maybe we should join forces as the Forgotten Elders.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi Loki!
    The latest version of winplan is 3.52.025.
    u can find it on the vga-planets-homepage.

    we are searching for new players.
    there are 2 open games on my homepage www.dfischer.net
    the page is mostly in german language but if u need help, ask me.

    greetings, d.

    Loki Avalon schrieb:
    > About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
    > and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
    > at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.
    >
    > Shanks,
    > Loki
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    * edsvga <host@battlestarcommand.com> wrote:

    > There are plent of good sites out there:
    >
    > Battlestar Command Bridge
    > The Last Domain
    > The Echo Cluster
    > RC World

    PlanetsServer http://www.planetsserver.com

    Regards, Heiko
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi,
    > About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
    > and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
    > at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.
    The new versions can be found many places. Just google for it or look at
    your favorite host site in the download section.

    just to add my two favorite hosts:
    http://www.navgap.com
    http://www.planetsserver.com

    And if you need some advice on the current host, look at
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan

    Regards,
    ingo

    --
    Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
    http://www.planetmaker.de

    If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    * Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de> wrote:

    > And if you need some advice on the current host, look at
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan

    And the alternative host 'PHost' http://www.phost.de/ is still
    alive. :-)

    And the client VPA is open source now:
    http://vpa.sourceforge.net

    And EchoView is still alive:
    http://www.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de/~echoview/
    (you should use the current beta version)

    Regards, Heiko
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Heiko Schlenker wrote:

    > And the alternative host 'PHost' http://www.phost.de/ is still
    > alive. :-)

    Sure enough, and I hope it will stay so. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to
    update my little host I run.

    Playing both host versions, there are always nice subtleties that are
    different :).

    Regards,
    ingo

    --
    Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
    http://www.planetmaker.de

    If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hello,

    yes Planets 3 is played as ever, but also Planets 4 is played ...

    www.rcworld.de (english host) has it both ... but whichever host you try ...
    all have friendly planeteers around helping you for every problems you may
    have ... rcworld also have an own download center for any updates/tools you
    may need!

    have a nice day!

    Mydgard

    "Loki Avalon" <drewontour@yahoo.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
    > and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
    > at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.
    >
    > Shanks,
    > Loki

Games VGA Video Games