About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.

Shanks,
Loki

Welcome Back!
There are plent of good sites out there:

Battlestar Command Bridge
The Last Domain
The Echo Cluster
RC World
just to name a few!
(sorry about those I left out... just shot of the ones on the top of my
head)

Ed

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago I played from first release (or
near to) till around 4 years ago. I could no longer justify the hours
I would spend per turn near endgame. But alas, can't stay away forever
and I have returned. I am now on turn 6 of my 2005 debut. Already
missed a turn :( My time is not like it used to be.

Oh well.
Lets give it a go.
Maybe we should join forces as the Forgotten Elders.

dfischer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003

Hi Loki!
The latest version of winplan is 3.52.025.
u can find it on the vga-planets-homepage.

we are searching for new players.
there are 2 open games on my homepage www.dfischer.net
the page is mostly in german language but if u need help, ask me.

greetings, d.

* edsvga <host@battlestarcommand.com> wrote:

> There are plent of good sites out there:
>
> Battlestar Command Bridge
> The Last Domain
> The Echo Cluster
> RC World

PlanetsServer http://www.planetsserver.com

Regards, Heiko

Hi,
> About five years ago I used to play Winplan. Is the game still played
> and is it still supported? If so, are there any websits I should look
> at for updates. My copy of Winplan is quite old.
The new versions can be found many places. Just google for it or look at
your favorite host site in the download section.

just to add my two favorite hosts:
http://www.navgap.com
http://www.planetsserver.com

And if you need some advice on the current host, look at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan

Regards,
ingo

--
Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
http://www.planetmaker.de

If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.

* Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de> wrote:

> And if you need some advice on the current host, look at
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan

And the alternative host 'PHost' http://www.phost.de/ is still
alive. :)

And the client VPA is open source now:
http://vpa.sourceforge.net

And EchoView is still alive:
http://www.nefo.med.uni-muenchen.de/~echoview/
(you should use the current beta version)

Regards, Heiko

Heiko Schlenker wrote:

> And the alternative host 'PHost' http://www.phost.de/ is still
> alive. :)

Sure enough, and I hope it will stay so. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to
update my little host I run.

Playing both host versions, there are always nice subtleties that are
different :).

Regards,
ingo

--
Ingo von Borstel <newsgroups@planetmaker.de>
http://www.planetmaker.de

If you need an urgent reply, replace newsgroups by vgap.

Hello,

yes Planets 3 is played as ever, but also Planets 4 is played ...

www.rcworld.de (english host) has it both ... but whichever host you try ...
all have friendly planeteers around helping you for every problems you may
have ... rcworld also have an own download center for any updates/tools you
may need!

have a nice day!

Mydgard