Sign in with
Your question

How to contact bfg tech

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2010 9:35:24 PM

so i know theyre going out of busines or migrating to a different category or whatever. but they honestly arent covering any of their products? i have a 260 gtx that took a crap after 7 months. now i cant get ahold of anyone and there is nothing i can do? is there some kind of litigation thing that people are getting on board for? i dont have $200 friggin bucks to go buy a new video card after i just bought their piece of crap. really sad from a company that used to be decent.

More about : contact bfg tech

a c 1401 U Graphics card
November 5, 2010 10:00:12 PM

Bankrupt, tits up, out of business all means no support (no money no employees)

m
l
a c 201 U Graphics card
November 5, 2010 11:22:16 PM

Short answer, you dont.

kingloser said:
so i know theyre going out of busines or migrating to a different category or whatever. but they honestly arent covering any of their products? i have a 260 gtx that took a crap after 7 months. now i cant get ahold of anyone and there is nothing i can do? is there some kind of litigation thing that people are getting on board for? i dont have $200 friggin bucks to go buy a new video card after i just bought their piece of crap. really sad from a company that used to be decent.

You need to change the tense of that to past, they were going out of business a few months ago, the were migrating to a different category several month ago, now they are non existent, they sent out a notice a couple months back saying that they were totaled and would no longer be offering warranty support on any of their products. There is no litigation because you cant sue a company thats no longer exists, they have no assets, liquid or otherwise that one could sue them for, warranties are always conditional, if the company doesnt exist they obviously cannot be compelled to provide warranty support.
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 12:43:22 AM

^+2
m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 9:47:17 AM

How to contact bfg tech? Use a ouija board.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 7:56:33 PM

No need to fear get your self one of these. ;) 
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
November 6, 2010 10:46:38 PM

^
Well, actually that's funny... :) 
back to the "past".
m
l
November 16, 2010 12:21:37 PM

i went to a looking throu my stuff 1-866-234-3499 is bfg number.
they still got tech suppport but not replacements.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 12:26:49 PM

wa1 said:
^
Well, actually that's funny... :) 
back to the "past".

Agreed, i wee'd myself a little when i saw that :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

But why contact the manufactuer? Surely you'd contact the Place of purchase? newegg? havent they themselves got the obligation to supply warranty to the products they sell? Might be a different scenario here in the UK, but no matter what "brand" of component i buy, i would always contact the Place i bought it from..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 12:40:23 PM

reccy said:
Agreed, i wee'd myself a little when i saw that :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

But why contact the manufactuer? Surely you'd contact the Place of purchase? newegg? havent they themselves got the obligation to supply warranty to the products they sell? Might be a different scenario here in the UK, but no matter what "brand" of component i buy, i would always contact the Place i bought it from..

Here the store you buy it at usually give around 30 - 60 days of in store warranty and then after that you have to deal with the manufacturer directly (unless you buy a costly extended warranty from them ) --- and since in this case the manufacturer is no longer around there is nothing that can be done (short of filing a claim with the bankruptcy court - but you'd be at the bottom of the list of creditors etc. so getting anything out of that would be very unlikely.)

Sad part is there are stores out there like Microcenter still selling off the last of the product produced and not warning the customer that there is no one around for warranty service if something fails ! Like this current ad for the BFG 260 where they are selling it as open box so only giving 30 day in store return only and specifying that the balance of the manufacturer warranty will still apply (giving the impression that you'd get a lifetime manufacturer warranty covering it !!! And then they have the nerve to put this line in the ad as well :

Quote:
Backed by the best lifetime warranty in the industry and supported by world-class free 24/7/365 tech support,
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 12:44:43 PM

JDFan said:
Here the store you buy it at usually give around 30 - 60 days of in store warranty and then after that you have to deal with the manufacturer directly (unless you buy a costly extended warranty from them ) --- and since in this case the manufacturer is no longer around there is nothing that can be done (short of filing a claim with the bankruptcy court - but you'd be at the bottom of the list of creditors etc. so getting anything out of that would be very unlikely.)

Sad part is there are stores out there like Microcenter still selling off the last of the product produced and not warning the customer that there is no one around for warranty service if something fails !

Comepletely different here in the UK, sort of the oposite. The Place of purchase offers the 2/3 years warranty, hense why i speak to POP first for replacement, but after the warranty has finished with the POP you can speak to the manufactuer about getting it replaced if the Manufc offers more than the stated POP warranty.

Even if the company, in this case BFG were bust and no longer produced products, they'd have to replace it like for like. basically the same card different brand.

:( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 12:59:45 PM

reccy said:
Comepletely different here in the UK, sort of the oposite. The Place of purchase offers the 2/3 years warranty, hense why i speak to POP first for replacement, but after the warranty has finished with the POP you can speak to the manufactuer about getting it replaced if the Manufc offers more than the stated POP warranty.

Even if the company, in this case BFG were bust and no longer produced products, they'd have to replace it like for like. basically the same card different brand.

yeah in this case that would be a lot better situation but it does also have drawbacks if\when the POP goes under (which happens much more often here in the case of computer resellers) - Seems like that would also make for even longer warranty replacement times since you have to first take it to the POP - who then sends it off to the Manufacturer - who sends the replacement to the POP who then finally sends it back to you - rather than you just sending it to the manufacturer who sends the replacement directly to you. (or does it ?)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 1:15:45 PM

JDFan said:
yeah in this case that would be a lot better situation but it does also have drawbacks if\when the POP goes under (which happens much more often here in the case of computer resellers) - Seems like that would also make for even longer warranty replacement times since you have to first take it to the POP - who then sends it off to the Manufacturer - who sends the replacement to the POP who then finally sends it back to you - rather than you just sending it to the manufacturer who sends the replacement directly to you. (or does it ?)

Most of the time the POP usually swaps the defective part straight away meaning very little downtime.

Example, i had a Palit 470, the fin broke, overclockers.co.uk sent me out a brand new Palit 470 and picked the old one up at no charge to me.

Even when the 2nd Palit fin broke, they swapped it for the Asus model and gave me in store credit (as the Asus was cheaper) ;) 

m
l
a c 362 U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 1:23:36 PM

reccy said:

Bankruptcy laws allow for the termination of contracts. They are no longer required by law to adhere to any contracts they signed as long as there is a clause in the contract that allows for this. This is standard practice.

http://bankruptcy.cooley.com/2007/09/articles/business-...

Quote:
Practically every contract has a provision that makes the bankruptcy or insolvency of one contracting party a trigger for the other party to terminate the contract.

It Takes An Actual Bankruptcy. Another and perhaps more important reason is that the rule applies only if a bankruptcy is actually filed. If an ipso facto provision provides that the agreement terminates upon a party's insolvency, and no bankruptcy case is ever filed, it's possible that the solvent party could terminate the agreement using the ipso facto provision. But be forewarned: if a bankruptcy case is later filed, an insolvency-based termination made before the bankruptcy filing may not be enforced in the bankruptcy case. This means that the debtor may still have a chance to retain the rights under the contract, including assuming or assigning an executory contract during the bankruptcy case.

Even if you were to successfully sue BFG in a class action lawsuit, it is unlikely anyone will receive money. That's because when a company goes bankrupt, the 1st group of people to get back anything are the bondholders. They are the "initial investors" into a company even before there are any stockholders; if any. Bondholders generally do not get back 100% of their money, therefore if there is nothing leftover after all assets have been liquidated to payback the bondholders, then there is nothing to be distributed to the class action plantives.

If you need to cast blame on someone, then cast it on nVidia because they basically decided to terminate their business partnership with BFG. Without roughly 70% - 80% of their revenue stream pulled out from under them, the remaining 20% - 30% of revenues from products other than graphics cards can no longer sustain BFG as a viable business. Therefore, they have no choice but to file for bankruptcy and shut down.

While you may feel cheated, the true victims of this bankruptcy are BFG's employees how must now file for unemployment benefits and look for new jobs in an environment where the national unemployment rate is hovering around 9.8%. The "true unemployment rate" is around 16%; that includes people who exhausted their 26 weeks of unemployment and have still not been able to find a job.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 1:43:42 PM

wow at microcenter still advertising the card as oen of the best lifetime warrenties around. probablty an oversight due to that being what was written long ago ... bu they should change that for sure
m
l
!