crazymonkey012

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Ok, so i have an IBM ThinkCentre 8173 p4-3.2G 1024mb pc3200 80G SATA / Combo / lan Win XP pro Desktop computer yes i know its old and no I'm not buying a new PC. so i was wondering if its Compatible with a Newer Graphic card it has Intel motherboard / integrated graphics and has a free PCI slot and had a striker on it that reads USITRINIPCI28658M47A don't know what that means at all and so the question stands am i able to install a graphic card and if so could you point me to some that will work im in Canada so i don't have a lot of choices and i cant get 1 shipped to me so I'm looking at Best Buy to being where i would go to get one if my computer is compatible. thank you.

crazymonkey012

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
ATi my friend said is better for gaming so ATi. I just don't know if i could find 1 where i live your making it sound like its rare lol.
(if you haven't seen what my pc looks like its this)
thinkcentres50internal.jpg

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea, ebay is probably your best bet, most pci cards are dryed up, maybe post in the classified here with a wtb low profile pci card post see what people have and would part with be sure to specify not pci-e pci only

i was thinking the same thing when i looked at the 9500GT i was surprised i didn't even know they made that in a PCI.But i llooked at the power specs and it needs a 400 watt min. So i don't think he will be able to run it. I mean what exactly are you needing a new Graphics Card for and what is your budget.I mean you could get a way better computer for around 200 dollars U.S.I think it would be worth it last you another 2-3 years.