Sign in with
Your question

Help me decide

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2011 1:37:13 AM

I am looking into getting a new computer i dont have much more then $500 so i am looking at the following computers. I was just wanting to see if i could get some opinions on what i should lean towards...

this one?

or this one?

Color: imperial blue

Your G42t series

Color imperial blue edit
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-370M Dual Core processor (2.40GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) edit
Graphics card Intel(R) HD Graphics [HDMI, VGA] edit
Memory 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) edit
Hard drive 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive edit
Office software No Additional Office Software edit
Security software No additional security software edit
Primary battery 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.5 hours of battery life +++ edit
Display 14.0" diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768) edit
Primary optical drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support edit
Personalization Webcam and 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader edit
Networking Wireless-N Card edit
Keyboard Standard Keyboard edit

or this one

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-AS5742-7620/15062986

just let me know what you think :) 

More about : decide

January 6, 2011 1:45:41 AM

that first one is gonna have a better graphics card out of the rest of them. thats the only advantage i can see, but it all depends if you plan on doing gaming or not.
m
l
January 6, 2011 2:04:46 AM

yeah but the first one has a slightly slower processor if you look at the cache :/  it's a really hard choice
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2011 2:08:34 AM

The Acer from Walmart is decent I have a 5740 and it has been a good laptop for me doing it work and such I like that it has an hdmi port. I think you will be happy with the Acer IMO. You can game on it but nothing crazy it's not made to be a gaming laptop but has done well for me. Another thing I thought when I got mine was how it looked bigger than 15.6 inches the screen is super wide looking to me. O and the sound quality is good on mine it has the dolby home theater virtual surround. If you do decide to go with Acer first thing I did was install decraplifiler and clean out all the trial software then installed AVAST home edition then firfox and was good to go for the rest of ms updates. Happy shopping!
m
l
January 6, 2011 2:19:59 AM

damn... the acer seems like it would be the second choice for me, honestly. the hp being the first and the g42t being last, only because you cant upgrade onboard graphics, but like i said it depends on what your gonna be doing on it.
m
l
January 6, 2011 3:17:21 AM

delete
m
l
January 6, 2011 10:20:23 AM

If you look closely they all have 128 megs of dedicated video memory and HD intel or ati graphics cards. the dv series hp would be first for me but the turion 2 is pretty old. my step dad has it on his computer he got several years ago and windows rates it a 6.0 where as windows rates the intel i3 as a 6.8... It sucks that they are such close choices but i guess there are alot of computer out there
m
l
January 6, 2011 3:27:40 PM

i am thinking about getting the g-series hp because i can get it with a 512meg graphics card and if i can afford it i'll probably get the acer
m
l
!