Sign in with
Your question

Build advice.

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2011 10:50:56 AM

So ive done some researching, and new build should draw about 600W while crossfire(which im doing in the future) max, and that system load at 100%. So ive decided to go with a 650W power supply. Ive had my eye on these.
Budget 150$
And quick question, if the power supply cabe is PCI-E 6+2 Pin, does that allow me to just use six pin if needed, or do i have to use all the pins?
XFX 650W XXX edition Really keen on this power supply, pretty much has all i need.
Corsair HX-650 Power Supply seems good, but doesnt look very good. Its exactly the same price as the XFX power supply, so if one of them is alot better then the other please, do tell!

Monitors. Budget 150-200$ 21'-24'
Now i have no experience in this area what so evar! So please give me some advice on these monitors. Main use will be gaming, and some light video editing and ussual internet stuff (wikipedia, youtube, sals ect)

Now im open to suggentions here, so if you know of a good monitor, post away!
AOC White Razor E2243FW 21.5 Inch Widescreen LED Monitor This monitor doesn't look to bad, seems to have good specs.

AOC E2236VWA 21.5 Inch Widescreen LED Monitor Another good looking monitor.

AOC 2434PW 23.6 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor Nice big monitor.

Now i may buy the monitors from the site, or grab them off ebay, depending on pricing. Thanks for anyhelp, anyone can give.

Current stage of build
Case- lia lan lancool dark armour k62 case
Hardrive- Western digital cavair black 1tb
Disc drive- lite on DVD drive.

Thanks again!

More about : build advice

January 6, 2011 10:59:23 AM

WHen building a system, you never want only 50 watts to spare from PSU; always better to have 150-200 watts to spare......especially with crossfire or SLI....!

Honestly!
m
l
January 6, 2011 11:02:39 AM

mdd1963 said:
WHen building a system, you never want only 50 watts to spare from PSU; always better to have 150-200 watts to spare......especially with crossfire or SLI....!

Honestly!

Right now im running ati5700 XXX editon on a 350 Dell PSU. :kaola: 
m
l
!