BD Support PCI 3.0?

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Hello everyone. Recently, I read that Intel's new Ivy Bridge processors are going to support PCI 3.0. Although, who knows when PCI 3.0 is going to come out, will AMD's bulldozer also support 3.0? I only ask because why the hell wouldn't they? I'm also asking because I don't see the point in buying new hardware, such as a mobo and cpu, until all the magic threes are standard (USB 3.0, SATA III, PCI 3.0). Thanks for any information everyone! :hello:

Solution
As far as I know, all AM3+ mobos will only come with PCIe 2.0. As for BD supporting PCIe 3.0, not sure.

Ivy Bridge will support PCie 3.0, SATA 6.0 and USB 3.0.

Honestly though Light Peak will kill USB 3.0 (its speeds are up to 10Gb/s right now and plan to push to 100Gb/s in the future) and PCIe 3.0 will not be useful for a few more generations of GPUs.

SATA 6.0 is only useful if you plan on a SSD.
As far as I know, all AM3+ mobos will only come with PCIe 2.0. As for BD supporting PCIe 3.0, not sure.

Ivy Bridge will support PCie 3.0, SATA 6.0 and USB 3.0.

Honestly though Light Peak will kill USB 3.0 (its speeds are up to 10Gb/s right now and plan to push to 100Gb/s in the future) and PCIe 3.0 will not be useful for a few more generations of GPUs.

SATA 6.0 is only useful if you plan on a SSD.

Solution