Sign in with
Your question

Alienware computers

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2011 8:18:29 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a new laptop. I want to get an alienware laptop, and my budget is $4000. I want to be able to run Call of Duty Black ops at FULL graphics performance (if possible). So if anyone could give me some recommendations for models (links included if possible pls) or a site where it will allow me to build my own (link pls!). I also want this laptop to be able to last me 3 years (which is the average life expactancy of a PC anyways, so this shouldn't be a problem).

If anyone could help me with this, that would be great!
Thanks for your time.

More about : alienware computers

January 6, 2011 8:34:47 PM

yea check out ewiz there good sell parts and now put systems together for you prices look good very customizable looks good check it out i bought a couple things from them arrived fast and in excellent condition heard about them on good deal sites you can pick every part individually or no part and add your own like video card
http://www.superbiiz.com/system_index.php
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=ewiz+reselle...

15% off your purchase (max savings of $15) with coupon HELLO2011 (Expires 1/10/11 or after first 2,000 uses)

might only be good on parts
January 6, 2011 8:48:41 PM

nadim615 said:
Hi, I'm looking for a new computer. I want to get an alienware computer, and my budget is $4000. I want to be able to run Call of Duty Black ops at FULL graphics performance (if possible). So if anyone could give me some recommendations for models (links included if possible pls) or a site where it will allow me to build my own (link pls!).

If anyone could help me with this, that would be great!
Thanks for your time.

I have an Alienware m15x R1, the older model but even then it can play Black Ops in high even on it's 1920x1200 screen which ain't bad for an older laptop. So a new $4,000 m15x R2 will have no problems but if you want my advise, wait a little while. I am sure Alienware is working on an updated SandyBridge version of that model (all models) with updated 500series video. I would hate to think that you dropped 4K on a system like that only to have it bested by a newer model in a month or so for the same price.

Just my 2 cents.
Related resources
January 6, 2011 8:58:08 PM

Dude, sorry I just noticed you said computer, I was thinking laptops but either way the advise still applies as SandyBridge will also appear on desktop systems but video options are different and more powerful than mobile. Sorry about that, I read to quick.
January 6, 2011 10:49:15 PM

warezme said:
Dude, sorry I just noticed you said computer, I was thinking laptops but either way the advise still applies as SandyBridge will also appear on desktop systems but video options are different and more powerful than mobile. Sorry about that, I read to quick.

Dammit sorry. I meant laptop. I want an alienware laptop. I keep thinking computer but then I realized I should've been more specific and said laptop. So if you could get me more advice about that new alienware laptop coming out soon or whatever, that would be great. Cause I was just submitting this cause I'm getting the 4k in about 5 months, and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I wanted and everything beforehand so once I got the money, I could get it right away as sometimes it takes a few months to see what the best option is.
January 7, 2011 12:12:42 AM

I just read this blog from the currently running CES event I'm sure you have heard about: http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/01/07/ces-2011-dell-alien...

It confirms what I believe would happen. It sounds like the new Alienware laptops will feature SandyBridge CPU's and supporting chipsets as well as integrating 3D screens. Hopefully they will also use the top of the line Nvidia 485 GPU's which will put them over the top. It may make me get rid of my old m15x for a new model.
January 7, 2011 12:14:06 AM

warezme said:
I just read this blog from the currently running CES event I'm sure you have heard about: http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/01/07/ces-2011-dell-alien...

It confirms what I believe would happen. It sounds like the new Alienware laptops will feature SandyBridge CPU's and supporting chipsets as well as integrating 3D screens. Hopefully they will also use the top of the line Nvidia 485 GPU's which will put them over the top. It may make me get rid of my old m15x for a new model.

LOL I actually haven't heard about that. Do u think it would be worth getting that? And do you know how much it will be? And I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run Black Ops at full grahpics right? And do u know wut the resolution for the card it comes with is? If you can tell me all of this that would be awesome! Take your time if you need too, I can't get the PC for another few months... Thats why I started this thread now.
January 7, 2011 12:30:56 AM

Laptops for gaming...paying twice the price for a 17" screen, w/lower framerates that will never match a desktops.....

Gaming on laptops is great, if you can *only* have a laptop, and desktops are simply illegal where you are at...

But you could have a surfing/video/facebook laptop for $400, and a gaming desktop for $1500, and spend the other $2000 on something far more usefull....like a 30" monitor, with still $700 to spare.....

DONT SPEND $4000 on any laptop....you will thank me later :) 
January 7, 2011 7:27:54 PM

mdd1963 said:
Laptops for gaming...paying twice the price for a 17" screen, w/lower framerates that will never match a desktops.....

Gaming on laptops is great, if you can *only* have a laptop, and desktops are simply illegal where you are at...

But you could have a surfing/video/facebook laptop for $400, and a gaming desktop for $1500, and spend the other $2000 on something far more usefull....like a 30" monitor, with still $700 to spare.....

DONT SPEND $4000 on any laptop....you will thank me later :) 

Well I want a laptop for gaming, and I do understand that it isn't as good as a desktop, and obviously if I don't have to spend 4k on a gaming laptop that can run Black Ops with full graphics, then I won't! Thats just my budget.
January 9, 2011 7:52:58 PM

the newer sandybridge cpu's integrated graphics is 'better' than prior generations of Intel graphics, but, still will not even come close to the Nvidia SLI mobile graphics' performance....
January 11, 2011 7:22:21 PM

So Nvidia SLI is only availible for desktops or something? Cuz idk to much about all this stuff... And if you could kinda update me on the stuff u would reccomend, that would be great! A model or something would work nicely too.
January 12, 2011 11:42:11 PM

For 4000$, you can build a mighty superb rig that can outclass most builds these days, especially ones that come custom built from Alienware.
January 15, 2011 2:58:03 PM

Quote:
where are you located.?

I'm located in Canada
!