Status
Not open for further replies.

akhellbinder

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
My BenQ wont run in 120 hertz without randomly shutting on and off, and displaying various coloered lines whenever theres movement in videoplayers. So i turned it down to 100 hz, and now im getting problems in some games when i run at 100 hertz, but not on the desk top. Thin red lines are appearing every once in a while, 1 at a time around the screen. Then eventually the screen will show a box, asking me to change to a DVI-DL cable, which was included with the screen, and i am already using it. Then the screen picture will get extremly out of focus until i change hertz to 60, then i can change back to 100 and its normal again.

It doesnt matter what port in the graphics card you plug the DVI-DL cable into right? They both look the same as far as i can tell. Another cable was included aswell, which is named SUB something, no idea what its for.

I have also had heat problems with my graphics card, which i solved by setting the fan to max all the time, but does uppting the hertz increase load or heat on the graphics card? This is really bugging me, i bought the screen solely because its 120 hertz, and are supposed to have that CRT feel to it in the games i play I have also tried to reinstall graphics drivers, i have an X1900 512mbram

Status
Not open for further replies.