BG 1 & 2 + mods install...

About to do install of BG1 & 2 for someone (think I'll get NeverWinter
Nights soon...we kind of got each other interested in each other's games...&
with both being so cheap anyway...;) ).

Just to make sure I've got this right.

BG1 & ToSC
BG1 nonWeiDU mods
BG1 WeiDU mods
BG1 NoCD crack (doing full install)
BG2 & ToB
BG2 nonWeiDU mods
BG2 WeiDU mods
BG2 NoCD crack (also full install)

(NoCD cracks are to make life simpler & also so I wont have to burn them a
copy of disk1 to keep their game disks safe...I am glad though that at least
this does work...I've had to do it when low on HD space.)

Anyone know where is best place to get NoCD crack for BG1 & 2 (after install
of expansions)?

There are 10 types of people in this world...
....those who understand binary & those who dont.
7 answers Last reply
More about mods install
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > About to do install of BG1 & 2 for someone (think I'll get NeverWinter
    > Nights soon...we kind of got each other interested in each other's
    games...&
    > with both being so cheap anyway...;) ).
    >
    > Just to make sure I've got this right.
    >
    > BG1 & ToSC
    > BG1 nonWeiDU mods
    > BG1 WeiDU mods
    > BG1 NoCD crack (doing full install)

    Also am I right in reading that the TuTu mod for BG1 is actually more for
    BG2 use? What is this mod REALLY for? The README file doesn't explain very
    clearly & makes you think it is fore BG2 (to convert some BG1 stuff to
    BG2?).

    > BG2 & ToB
    > BG2 nonWeiDU mods
    > BG2 WeiDU mods
    > BG2 NoCD crack (also full install)
    >
    > (NoCD cracks are to make life simpler & also so I wont have to burn them a
    > copy of disk1 to keep their game disks safe...I am glad though that at
    least
    > this does work...I've had to do it when low on HD space.)
    >
    > Anyone know where is best place to get NoCD crack for BG1 & 2 (after
    install
    > of expansions)?

    > There are 10 types of people in this world...
    > ...those who understand binary & those who dont.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > > About to do install of BG1 & 2 for someone (think I'll get NeverWinter
    > > Nights soon...we kind of got each other interested in each other's
    > games...&
    > > with both being so cheap anyway...;) ).
    > >
    > > Just to make sure I've got this right.
    > >
    > > BG1 & ToSC
    > > BG1 nonWeiDU mods
    > > BG1 WeiDU mods
    > > BG1 NoCD crack (doing full install)
    >
    > Also am I right in reading that the TuTu mod for BG1 is actually more for
    > BG2 use? What is this mod REALLY for? The README file doesn't explain
    very
    > clearly & makes you think it is fore BG2 (to convert some BG1 stuff to
    > BG2?).

    The TuTu mod is exactly that, it's *for* BG2 (it's a BG2 mod) but only for
    the fact that it imports the entire BG1 game into the BG2 engine, with all
    of the technology and gameplay enhancements of BG2.

    After you're done playing BG1tutu, you simply uninstall it, import your
    character, and off you go into BG2. - No reinstalls of BG2 are needed.

    -layne
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Beetlecat" <beetlecat@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > > > About to do install of BG1 & 2 for someone (think I'll get NeverWinter
    > > > Nights soon...we kind of got each other interested in each other's
    > > games...&
    > > > with both being so cheap anyway...;) ).
    > > >
    > > > Just to make sure I've got this right.
    > > >
    > > > BG1 & ToSC
    > > > BG1 nonWeiDU mods
    > > > BG1 WeiDU mods
    > > > BG1 NoCD crack (doing full install)
    > >
    > > Also am I right in reading that the TuTu mod for BG1 is actually more
    for
    > > BG2 use? What is this mod REALLY for? The README file doesn't explain
    > very
    > > clearly & makes you think it is fore BG2 (to convert some BG1 stuff to
    > > BG2?).
    >
    > The TuTu mod is exactly that, it's *for* BG2 (it's a BG2 mod) but only for
    > the fact that it imports the entire BG1 game into the BG2 engine, with all
    > of the technology and gameplay enhancements of BG2.
    >
    > After you're done playing BG1tutu, you simply uninstall it, import your
    > character, and off you go into BG2. - No reinstalls of BG2 are needed.

    So you can't switch between BG1 & BG2 at the same time if both are
    installed?

    Also do you kow of a working NoCD hack for BG1 & 2 (would rather not have to
    use the disk if dont need to)?

    I've got BG1-ToSC, where the "BGMain2.exe" file is "version 1,3,0,1 build
    5521".
    BG2 "Baldur.exe" says "file version 2.5.0.0" with no build version & says
    "product version 1.3.0.0".

    I'd once found a site that specialized in NoCD Cracks but can't find that
    link again (it's where I got someone their NeverWinter Nights - NoCD Crack
    from, but can't remember where I got it & the crack doesn't say what site
    was hosting it). I prefer not to have to keep swapping disks when I play
    one game vs. another.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "Beetlecat" <beetlecat@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote in message
    > > > About to do install of BG1 & 2 for someone (think I'll get NeverWinter
    > > > Nights soon...we kind of got each other interested in each other's
    > > games...&
    > > > with both being so cheap anyway...;) ).
    > > >
    > > > Just to make sure I've got this right.
    > > >
    > > > BG1 & ToSC
    > > > BG1 nonWeiDU mods
    > > > BG1 WeiDU mods
    > > > BG1 NoCD crack (doing full install)
    > >
    > > Also am I right in reading that the TuTu mod for BG1 is actually more
    for
    > > BG2 use? What is this mod REALLY for? The README file doesn't explain
    > very
    > > clearly & makes you think it is fore BG2 (to convert some BG1 stuff to
    > > BG2?).
    >
    > The TuTu mod is exactly that, it's *for* BG2 (it's a BG2 mod) but only for
    > the fact that it imports the entire BG1 game into the BG2 engine, with all
    > of the technology and gameplay enhancements of BG2.
    >
    > After you're done playing BG1tutu, you simply uninstall it, import your
    > character, and off you go into BG2. - No reinstalls of BG2 are needed.

    Also, if I'm understanding right about the BG1TuTu, I want to go through BG2
    as an ASSASSIN (not as my BG1 thief), so I can play as an assassin in BG1
    now with this mod? What about the hold TAB to highlight all openable
    containers on the screen feature? Am I correct that BG1TuTu is basically a
    BG1 emulator (kind of like ZSNES allows you to play copied SNES games on
    your PC, BG1TUTU allows you to play BG1 on your BG2 game engine?)?

    I already finished installing the other mods...do I need to go back &
    re-install them in the order after installing BG1TUTU?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 18:39:38 -0500, Daniel wrote:

    > Also, if I'm understanding right about the BG1TuTu, I want to go through BG2
    > as an ASSASSIN (not as my BG1 thief), so I can play as an assassin in BG1
    > now with this mod?

    IIRC you can.

    > What about the hold TAB to highlight all openable containers on the screen
    > feature?

    The TAB key will function just like in BG2, it's extremely useful.

    > Am I correct that BG1TuTu is basically a
    > BG1 emulator (kind of like ZSNES allows you to play copied SNES games on
    > your PC, BG1TUTU allows you to play BG1 on your BG2 game engine?)?

    That's the idea.

    > I already finished installing the other mods...do I need to go back &
    > re-install them in the order after installing BG1TUTU?

    Most BG2mods won't work on BG1tutu, but they won't mess anything up either.
    Just to be on the safe side, you might want to install a fresh install of
    both BG1 and BG2, you need a full install of both IIRC.

    --
    Grtz,
    Wouter de Vries

    Wouter de Vries ate my hamster! The excuse given to
    alt.games.baldurs-gate was:

    >The TAB key will function just like in BG2, it's extremely useful.

    Makes finding the ring of wizardry and the ankheg armour so much
    easier!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 01:03:38 +0100, Sierro wrote:

    > Wouter de Vries ate my hamster! The excuse given to
    > alt.games.baldurs-gate was:

    I didn't eat it, I just made it work as my local newsserver. Look at my
    headers if you don't believe me. :-)

    >>The TAB key will function just like in BG2, it's extremely useful.
    >
    > Makes finding the ring of wizardry and the ankheg armour so much
    > easier!

    Yeah, it's a real timesaver.

    --
    Grtz,