Media Works vs. Media Net (wap.cingular vs. isp.cingular)

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Wireless Access
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
May 4, 2005 3:13:24 AM

I have been having problems with the ReqWireless EmailViewer program
causing my v551 to reboot. BTW, WebViewer and EmailViewer are amazing!
Highly recommended.

They asked if I was using a wap or internet APN. I had been using the
wap.cingular so I tried configuring to the isp.cingular configuration.
It seems to work, but is there any way to verify this?

Also, I have a MediaWorks package, and now I see the Media Net package
for $5 more. I also see that Media Works no longer has unlimited data.

Would they have upgraded me to Media Net?

I am totally confused as to what the difference is between MediaNet
Packages and Media Bundles.

I thought I had unlimited data and messaging as a part of Media Works.

More about : media works media net wap cingular isp cingular

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:53:27 AM

Same Here, Cingular has limited me to 3 MB of Data and is charging me per kb
for anything more, I called and they told me media works now only includes
3mb of data.
AL

"Bob Horvath" <usenet@horvath.com> wrote in message

> I have been having problems with the ReqWireless EmailViewer program
> causing my v551 to reboot. BTW, WebViewer and EmailViewer are amazing!
> Highly recommended.
>
> They asked if I was using a wap or internet APN. I had been using the
> wap.cingular so I tried configuring to the isp.cingular configuration.
> It seems to work, but is there any way to verify this?
>
> Also, I have a MediaWorks package, and now I see the Media Net package
> for $5 more. I also see that Media Works no longer has unlimited data.
>
> Would they have upgraded me to Media Net?
>
> I am totally confused as to what the difference is between MediaNet
> Packages and Media Bundles.
>
> I thought I had unlimited data and messaging as a part of Media Works.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:38:21 AM

don't they still have the $24.99 unlimited plan?

"Al Bundy" <johnjr173@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Same Here, Cingular has limited me to 3 MB of Data and is charging me per
> kb
> for anything more, I called and they told me media works now only includes
> 3mb of data.
> AL
>

> "Bob Horvath" <usenet@horvath.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have been having problems with the ReqWireless EmailViewer program
>> causing my v551 to reboot. BTW, WebViewer and EmailViewer are amazing!
>> Highly recommended.
>>
>> They asked if I was using a wap or internet APN. I had been using the
>> wap.cingular so I tried configuring to the isp.cingular configuration.
>> It seems to work, but is there any way to verify this?
>>
>> Also, I have a MediaWorks package, and now I see the Media Net package
>> for $5 more. I also see that Media Works no longer has unlimited data.
>>
>> Would they have upgraded me to Media Net?
>>
>> I am totally confused as to what the difference is between MediaNet
>> Packages and Media Bundles.
>>
>> I thought I had unlimited data and messaging as a part of Media Works.

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 10:34:35 PM

"Nitronik" <nitronik@comcast.net> wrote in message
> They did away with it. ;( They now charge for over 3mb of usage, even on
> the "unlimited" Works plan

No they didn't. There is still a 24.99 unlimited plan. It was implemented
(and is still in place) when they reduced "Works" to 3MB.
!