Media Works vs. Media Net (wap.cingular vs. isp.cingular)

I have been having problems with the ReqWireless EmailViewer program
causing my v551 to reboot. BTW, WebViewer and EmailViewer are amazing!
Highly recommended.

They asked if I was using a wap or internet APN. I had been using the
wap.cingular so I tried configuring to the isp.cingular configuration.
It seems to work, but is there any way to verify this?

Also, I have a MediaWorks package, and now I see the Media Net package
for $5 more. I also see that Media Works no longer has unlimited data.

Would they have upgraded me to Media Net?

I am totally confused as to what the difference is between MediaNet
Packages and Media Bundles.

I thought I had unlimited data and messaging as a part of Media Works.
3 answers Last reply
More about media works media cingular cingular

    Same Here, Cingular has limited me to 3 MB of Data and is charging me per kb
    for anything more, I called and they told me media works now only includes
    3mb of data.
    AL

    "Bob Horvath" <usenet@horvath.com> wrote in message

    > I have been having problems with the ReqWireless EmailViewer program
    > causing my v551 to reboot. BTW, WebViewer and EmailViewer are amazing!
    > Highly recommended.
    >
    > They asked if I was using a wap or internet APN. I had been using the
    > wap.cingular so I tried configuring to the isp.cingular configuration.
    > It seems to work, but is there any way to verify this?
    >
    > Also, I have a MediaWorks package, and now I see the Media Net package
    > for $5 more. I also see that Media Works no longer has unlimited data.
    >
    > Would they have upgraded me to Media Net?
    >
    > I am totally confused as to what the difference is between MediaNet
    > Packages and Media Bundles.
    >
    > I thought I had unlimited data and messaging as a part of Media Works.

    don't they still have the $24.99 unlimited plan?

    "Nitronik" <nitronik@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > They did away with it. ;( They now charge for over 3mb of usage, even on
    > the "unlimited" Works plan

    No they didn't. There is still a 24.99 unlimited plan. It was implemented
    (and is still in place) when they reduced "Works" to 3MB.

Cingular Wireless Access Internet Service Providers