Home Alarm System

AllynB

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
I need help. I'm somewhat computer literate, but I can't figure this one out for the life of me. Everytime I log on to the internet, I can only stay on for about 20 minutes, then my home alarm system starts the countdown till it goes off. I have tried different ways of configuring the modem, but none seem to help. I have also contacted U.S. Robotics (the modem manufacturer) and they told me I had to contact ADT. I have and they also have no clue. I don't want to buy another modem because I can get around this problem. I've fixed it before, but I forget how I did that. I think perhaps it was simple trial and error. The modem is a U.S. Robotics V.92 Faxmodem. If anyone has any suggestions, I would gladly appreciate them. Thanks!

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Does your home security system dial out to police/fire when it goes off? Your modem is probably interfering with that and it doesn't like it. Your security system vender should be able to help you and/or fix the problem. You could try a new modem but that sounds like a problem with the security system not your modem. I'm definatly not a security system expert though so don't take my word for it, give you vender a call.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>