Armada 7800 changing problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 24, 2005 4:04:35 PM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Hello All,

I would love some feedback on an old PII Compaq laptop. Since the
battery is not holding much anymore, I have been using it basically as
a desktop, having it hooked up to the power at all times. It was
working fine until a month ago. Now the battery will not charge at all.
I tried other identical batteries but the behavior is the same. The
laptop will stay on while there's juice on the battery and that's all,
although the light indicating that power is connected in on.

Nevertheless, the battery will charge if I place the laptop in the
docking station. It will work great while it is in the docking station.
If I remove it and plug it directly to the power cable(yes, I also
tried other power cords) , it will work only for as long as the battery
has charge.

Any Ideas??

Thanks
CD
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 23, 2005 3:33:35 AM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I had a Compaq laptop a long time ago that had a similar problem. There was
a defective fuse on the mainboard under the keyboard. Worth a look....

<crbd98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I would love some feedback on an old PII Compaq laptop. Since the
> battery is not holding much anymore, I have been using it basically as
> a desktop, having it hooked up to the power at all times. It was
> working fine until a month ago. Now the battery will not charge at all.
> I tried other identical batteries but the behavior is the same. The
> laptop will stay on while there's juice on the battery and that's all,
> although the light indicating that power is connected in on.
>
> Nevertheless, the battery will charge if I place the laptop in the
> docking station. It will work great while it is in the docking station.
> If I remove it and plug it directly to the power cable(yes, I also
> tried other power cords) , it will work only for as long as the battery
> has charge.
>
> Any Ideas??
>
> Thanks
> CD

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 24, 2005 3:17:46 PM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

The charging module is also fairly easily accessible. I've changed out
several of them on this model. They're cheap on eBay.

!