Is my CPU good to support my gaming card.

hamza_93

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
hi i just bought GTX560ti and i want to know that is my cpu good enough for this card.
my processor is CORE 2 DUO E8400 3ghz 6 cache 1333 FSB . how can i increase my gaming performance .
i have two options
1)i have never done overclocking in my life . will overclocking increase my gaming performance?
2)buy core i5 but now im short of cash.
regards
hamza

hamza_93

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
yeah i hav already installed card and i had played some games .Call of duty black ops was stucking a bit then i changed my psu i have corsair hx1000w now and if i increase the resolution of game the graphic started to stuck . also noticed that cpu temp was also going high . i usually notice temp like 39c or 40c now when i was playing game at 1920x1080 the cpu temp was 45c i think that my cpu can not process faster to support gtx 560ti .
now i think that my cpu is getting hammered by gtx560 because i dont hav psu problem .its a newly bought hx1000w
what should i do now . should i overclock . tell me how to do it as im new to overclocking . which software i would need and tell me precautions as well.
here is my cpu cooler
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2732
is it good cooler for overclocking?

phendric

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

Well, since you're short of cash, it makes the most sense to see what overclocking will gain you. The E8400 is great for overclocking, and will give you good fps increases since the CPU is the bottleneck in the system.

If you find that overclocking the CPU doesn't give you as much as you want, well, then it's time to start saving your cash. If you go the upgrade route, switch both the motherboard and CPU. the 2500k is an excellent processor for the price...