AI Players

Is The Q still registerable and if so where?
Last I saw D&D's software & site was mia.

What are the other AI's being used lately (& where).

thanks!
12 answers Last reply
More about players
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Stormbull" <host@vgap.net> wrote in message
    > What are the other AI's being used lately (& where).

    I've put a big Computer Player test on my website.
    You will find all the cp's there.

    http://home.zonnet.nl/hyperspace/

    -Peter
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    That's because the Q was developed by the Sharenet Trolls, (Also makers of
    AutoTroll). They've been gone for a couple of years.

    I've heard that The Q was released as a shareware release, but can't confirm
    that.

    As for Dan & Dave's page. They have a new link.
    http://home.comcast.net/~killingsworth.d/dnd/index2.htm

    Best,
    Joe

    > Is The Q still registerable and if so where?
    > Last I saw D&D's software & site was mia.
    >
    > What are the other AI's being used lately (& where).
    >
    > thanks!

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi

    > I've put a big Computer Player test on my website.
    > You will find all the cp's there.

    Strange...

    CPlayer vs Dominate 78.1%
    21.8% CPlayer Lost!

    Dominate vs CPlayer
    2.3%
    97.6% CPlayer Won!

    How much games have they run for this statistic?

    harry
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > How much games have they run for this statistic?
    >
    > harry

    Well, it can't be called statistics as the game runs only ones for 100
    turns.
    I could have done it more times but it would take forever as this has
    taken me many many days.

    I could ofcourse (when I have time) do some games more times to see
    how big the differences are.

    The example you showed however is an error on my website. The second
    game CPlayer-Dominate should have "Dominate Lost" as result. It has
    been corrected.

    -Peter
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hello,

    The first two links for Computer Players are kind of broken ... see for
    yourself :)

    "PeeTee" <Seventy7@ilse.nl> wrote in message
    > "Stormbull" <host@vgap.net> wrote in message
    >> What are the other AI's being used lately (& where).
    >
    > I've put a big Computer Player test on my website.
    > You will find all the cp's there.
    >
    > http://home.zonnet.nl/hyperspace/
    >

    > -Peter
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Dacian Hantig" <dacianhantig@rdslink.ro> wrote in message news:<37jbouF5d29ivU1@individual.net>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > The first two links for Computer Players are kind of broken ... see for
    > yourself :)

    What do you mean with "the first two links"?
    As I see it everything looks allright....

    -PT
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    >> The first two links for Computer Players are kind of broken ... see for
    >> yourself :)
    >
    > What do you mean with "the first two links"?
    > As I see it everything looks allright....

    I see that you didn't undertood me, so here it goes:

    The first link (with the title "ACP 4.22") links to the
    http://home.zonnet.nl/hyperspace/download/hst32247.zip
    The second link (with the title "Admiral 1.15") links to the
    ftp://ftp.vgaplanets.com/host32/hstsup32.zip
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > I see that you didn't undertood me, so here it goes:
    >
    > The first link (with the title "ACP 4.22") links to the
    > http://home.zonnet.nl/hyperspace/download/hst32247.zip
    > The second link (with the title "Admiral 1.15") links to the
    > ftp://ftp.vgaplanets.com/host32/hstsup32.zip

    That isn't good indeed.

    I will correct it. Thanks!

    PT
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Stormbull" <host@vgap.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Is The Q still registerable and if so where?
    > Last I saw D&D's software & site was mia.
    >
    > What are the other AI's being used lately (& where).
    >
    > thanks!

    Just to come back to the main theme.

    Q registration: Sorry, can't tell you about english sites, but at the german
    distribution site Q is still to be registered (www.stcplay.de => look at
    "Add-Ons).
    If you need help here, feel free to contact me.

    Personaly I prefer the freeware programm "Spacelord". Q is always cheating,
    Spacelord uses the RST and can therefore be run in a separate folder.
    Also I have the impression, that Spacelord is more effective than Q and
    last....it has been said already...Q is not supported anymore.

    Greets Matthias
    Host High Command
    www.high-command.de
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    If I recall correctly, Spacelord did not like the Phost battles.
    Is this still the case?

    Kelderek
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "kelderek" <kelderek@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1109319044.573531.126730@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
    > If I recall correctly, Spacelord did not like the Phost battles.
    > Is this still the case?
    >
    > Kelderek

    In the latest version (3.07) it states:
    "PHost is NOT supported (yet !)"

    -PT
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > > If I recall correctly, Spacelord did not like the Phost battles.
    > > Is this still the case?
    > >
    > In the latest version (3.07) it states:
    > "PHost is NOT supported (yet !)"

    :'-(