Please help, how do i revert bios flash?

jrbraswell109

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hello,my build is a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i5 2500K, 8 GB G skill 1600 ram, (OS)60GB OCZ Agility 3, Barracuda 750GB, Corsair CX430 in a Antec 300 case, with Win 7 PRO

i flashed the bios today after my computer would reboot during booting, (turn off, then back on) and then would take a long time to load at the welcome screen, now after flashing, the computer will not load at all. How do I revert to last known good BIOS?

It may not be easy. I am not an expert on rolling back BIOS versions, but one thing you may want to try that could fix the problem without moving the BIOS back would be to take the battery out for 15 min and then put it back in.

It could fix things while you are waiting on someone with more BIOS reversion knowledge.

jrbraswell109

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

Thanks, i am trying that right now. Will let you know what happens.

amore

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Resetting the CMOS won't recover the previous BIOS version but it will reset your BIOS settings if that's the problem. Hopefully your BIOS chip has Boot Block protection and you made a backup of your old BIOS before flashing. It looks like that particular motherboard has dual BIOS chips so you may be able to change the flash recovery jumper to the recovery mode position to restore the factory BIOS version, or it may do so automatically on next bootup if the main BIOS is damaged.

jrbraswell109

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

I appreciate you two helping, but i figured it out. When i flashed my bios and loaded fail-safe in the bios, it changed my boot order to my Barracuda which has nothing on it. i simply swithed back to the SSD and windows loaded up.