Remote Desktop Services Missing

ryanke

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hi all,

I have been unable to rdp into my windows 7 professional machine for the last couple of days. I have noticed that "Remote Desktop Services" is missing from services.msc and presume this is my problem.

Would anyone know how to get this service back up and running ?

I'm unable to do system restore as I'm getting errors on my restore points and I've already tried sfc /scannow with no success.

Any help appreciated,

ryanke

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Windows 7 Professional. As far as I'm aware the terminal services service is now named Remote Desktop Services and this is the service that is now missing since the other day.

If I try to start it from cmd, net start termservice, i get "The service name is invalid"

allshare55

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
this has happened to me to i am running 2008 r2 after windows update the service has disapeared and i cannot get it back. when i run net start command i get error 5 no permission i did run cmd as admin

beefjazz

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

any luck on that?

dkiscoo

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012

I am using 2008 R2 as well and I just had the same thing happen after a windows update. I still have not figured out how to get it back

wexler81

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Its been over a year since this thread was used but I recently had this problem and was able to fix it so I wanted to post it. I also lost my Remote Connection, if you have ever used it before and have a computer saved, what I did was go to Start button, write in the letters rdp, I found a icon of the remote connection when the results popped up, it said "Computername"deleted......then a bunch of registry letters, I just dragged that icon to the desktop like restoring something from the recycle bin and right click and Edit, so you can start with the address to the remote computer fresh. Hope this helps.