Solved

CM HAF 912 vs. Antec Three Hundred

Last response: in Components
April 1, 2011 5:50:00 PM

Which do you prefer and why?

The Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case

Or

The Antec Three Hundred Mid Tower Case

I personally prefer the HAF 912 over the Three Hundred, for the following reasons:
Better cable management
Better airflow
It's Cheap
And it looks very nice.

More about : haf 912 antec hundred

a c 87 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 7:15:18 PM

JoeAdamsIV said:
Which do you prefer and why?

I personally prefer the HAF 912 over the Three Hundred, for the following reasons:
Better cable management
Better airflow
It's Cheap
And it looks very nice.

I totally agree with you! The cables can be tucked away behind the motherboard, lots of air flow, good price, and easy to swap components like DVD drives. It also has a nice cutout for changing or re-seating heatsinks without taking the motherboard out.

I have the CM HAF 932, very similar to the HAF 912, and am very satisfied with it.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 7:22:11 PM

I would say the 300 for simplicity and looks, and I have always loved Antec.

However the HAF 912 looks like it will have better cooling, esp GPU cooling due to a larger side fan.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 164 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 7:33:29 PM

the antec 300. ive built using both and anyone who states the HAF has better airflow is clueless. the HAF only comes with 2 x 120mm fans. the antec comes with 1 x 120mm and 1 x 140mm. the antec fans can run at higher rpm and the 140mm moves more air then a 120mm, simply put out of the box the antec has better air flow. the antec side panels are also sturdier, CM is notorious for thin side panels (its how they cut cost).

the HAF 912 does have cable management holes and the ability to remove the lower HDD cage for longer video cards is very nice.
April 1, 2011 7:52:48 PM

Yeah, the backplate access hole is very handy, and the cable management is pretty nice for a case under $60. I tucked most of my cables in behind, and it looks pretty tidy. As for the fans, yes mine only came with 2 120MM fans, but I bought 3 Antec Tricool 3 Speed Blue LED fans, and I must say it looks and runs amazing.
m
l
a c 164 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 7:56:09 PM

the antec 300 v2 has a backplate hole, its been that way for a few years now
m
l
April 1, 2011 8:00:04 PM

Yeah I know, many cases do. I just want to know what most people prefer, they are both pretty equal, however for some reason the Antec Three Hundred sells more than the HAF 912, and I am curious to find out why.
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 8:04:08 PM

JoeAdamsIV said:
Yeah I know, many cases do. I just want to know what most people prefer, they are both pretty equal, however for some reason the Antec Three Hundred sells more than the HAF 912, and I am curious to find out why.

Pricing decisions are based on Market Strategy, and not necessarily on product quality. The same applies to rebates, discounts, etc.

As of now, my choice remains Cooler master, regardless of the competition! For my money, it will be Cooler master! Period!
m
l
April 1, 2011 8:12:01 PM

JoeAdamsIV said:

I think Frys has the HAF 922 for $80 thats what I bought and that thing has so much room it makes installing and swapping things out a breeze. And a 2year old with a rattle and a teddy bear could run cables nicely by accident lol.
m
l
a c 87 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 8:16:58 PM

cburke82 said:
I think Frys has the HAF 922 for $80 thats what I bought and that thing has so much room it makes installing and swapping things out a breeze. And a 2year old with a rattle and a teddy bear could run cables nicely by accident lol.

Great choice!
m
l
a c 164 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 8:21:05 PM

JoeAdamsIV said:

the three hundred has been out longer so a longer cycle of good reviews and good word of mouth. the looks of the HAF series are also polarizing, the antec is more generic.
m
l
April 1, 2011 8:21:31 PM

I like the 300 illusion, 4 fans and room for 11.5 inch cards. yes cable managment is tricker but its a smaller package and it doesnt sacrifice airflow.
m
l
April 1, 2011 8:33:26 PM

ct1615 said:
the three hundred has been out longer so a longer cycle of good reviews and good word of mouth. the looks of the HAF series are also polarizing, the antec is more generic.

Ive yet to find a case were im 100% happy with the looks lol. So when I was looking to build my computer I looked at a rediculos amount of cases and what I found and kept coming back to was that the HAF cases are just so crazy easy to build. I do like the Corsair cases better and they dont look quite as "crazy" for lack of a better word. But I dont like them $100 more lol. At $80-90 my haf 922 get great airflow was super easy to build and all my stuff stays cool. I have my 965 OCed to 4.1ghz on the crap stock cooler it comes with. Both my CPU and NB have voltage bumps and all that room and the big fans that came with the case keep everything chilly :) .
m
l
a c 164 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 9:16:56 PM

both are very good cases, its not like you can make a bad decision. go with the one you like looking at.
m
l
a c 135 ) Power supply
April 1, 2011 9:34:25 PM

Antec 300 Illusion w/ the two extra fans.....I don't build boxes w/o air filters. Too many machines here to go around cleaning them.
m
l
April 8, 2011 12:51:47 AM

Best answer selected by JoeAdamsIV.
m
l
!