Does anyone have a master list of planet names?

Greetingz, all...

I used to have a master list of planet names, for feeding into a random
planet namer utility when mastering games. I need it now, and I can't find
it...

Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

-- Smoovious
6 answers Last reply
More about does master list planet names
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Op 2005-02-20, Smoovious schreef <jazznospam@grnet.com>:
    > Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

    I don't have it, but the following tools could help:

    I haven't tried it, but look at PlanetNM in Donovan's Museum site:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/museum/elite/vgaptool.html

    Here is an online tool that let's you upload an xyplan.dat and a
    planet.nm and will output a combination of those:
    http://www.silisoftware.com/vgap/xyplan.php

    HTH,

    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
    whether submarines can swim." - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Maurits van Rees wrote:
    > Op 2005-02-20, Smoovious schreef <jazznospam@grnet.com>:
    >
    >>Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?
    >

    > I don't have it, but the following tools could help:
    >
    > I haven't tried it, but look at PlanetNM in Donovan's Museum site:
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/museum/elite/vgaptool.html

    Yeah, that's what I was trying to replace, but the link to download
    it is broken, server refused...

    :(

    -- Smoovious
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi Smoove,

    what format would you need?

    Greetz Matthias
    Host High Command
    www.high-command.de
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Host High Command wrote:

    > Hi Smoove,
    >
    > what format would you need?

    Just simple plain-text would be sufficient. I have utilities to pick a random
    set and import into the planet.nm file alread. :)

    -- Smoovious
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/lists/MPNames.html

    harry
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Harry Bur wrote:

    > http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/lists/MPNames.html
    >
    > harry

    Sorry I didn't mention it sooner, but that list of names was just the kind
    of thing I was looking for. :)

    Had no problems parsing the names out and importing a random set into
    planet.nm ... thanks for your help. :)

    -- Smoovious

    --
    Kenn "Jazz" Booth II The Imperium, VGAP host

Games VGA Video Games