Thinkpad T42 external display questions

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 25, 2005 9:30:48 AM

I'm thinking about buying a Thinkpad T42 and use it regularly as a
desktop replacement together with the optional IBM port replicator and
an external monitor. After reading some posts here last year about
the bad quality of the external video of the R series, I want to know
if anyone has good or bad comments about the T42 when connected to an
external LCD monitor. I'm planning to get a model with the ATI
Mobility Radeon 9600.

I'm planning to use it with either a Dell 20" LCD that has a native
resolution of 1600x1200 or the Dell 2005FPW that has a native
resolution of 1680x1050. These LCDs have DVI inputs so I'm also
curious to know if the T42 can use the port replicator's DVI
connector.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 25, 2005 9:30:49 AM

I am not sure about the T42, but the T42P fits your bill. The "P" stands for
presentation, and is designed to add a second monitor or a projector. The
major difference is the P model comes with a 128Mb ATI Fire GL vid card and
uses the native resolution of 1600 X 1200. Mine works great with a second
monitor, I have no complaints whatsoever with it.

Dan

!