Crossfire or single?

should i get another 5770 and crossfire them? or get a single 6870?
6 answers Last reply
More about crossfire single
  1. Monitor Resolution?
    Other Specs??
  2. You'll probably be happier with the minimum frame rates and single gpu simplicity. 2x5770 looks to be about the same as a 5870, and the 6870 is just a bit slower. So if you can seel your 5770, its probably a good idea.
  3. ok... i just took a look at your mobo
    is it the GA-MA785GMT-UD2H??
    because its a micro atx board with only 1 pciex16 slot
    you need two of those to cf unless your planning to buy another mobo...

if your just asking for the fun of it...
    i really think its about personal taste
    take me for example... i would love to see a dual gpu setup inside my rig! :D
    plus 2x hd 5770 is probably enough gpu power for antyhing you throw at it...
  4. If you already have one 5770 and a capable crossfire motherboard then yeah I say just get another 5770 to run in crossfire. Of course if you're going to use it with that GA-MA785GMT-UD2H then you would need a new board with two PCI-E slots (that both run in 16x or 8x) to do crossfire. If you don't want to use a different motherboard then you are better off with a single 6870.
  5. don't forget people that ati crossfire profiles are really pain in the *** . but tomate is right most people usually go with crossfire because it's so cool to have to gpus at the same time.
  6. Yea i know i would have to get a new motherboard so i guess since i don't want a new one i will go with the 6870.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Crossfire Graphics