Canon Raw Files

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 26, 2005 3:03:48 AM

Is there anyway to extract the embedded jpg from the raw file of a canon
powershot s70? According to the manual the camera includes this jpg to
enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.

Thanks

Gaz

More about : canon raw files

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:33:00 AM

In message <ct6mp4$l9e$1@titan.btinternet.com>,
"gaz" <x.x@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway to extract the embedded jpg from the raw file of a canon
>powershot s70? According to the manual the camera includes this jpg to
>enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.

Irfanview views Canon 10D RAW files with embedded JPEG files just like
they were the JPEG. Might work with the s70 files as well; I always
view 10D RAW files in Irfanview.

If you want to extract per se, the included Canon software does that.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:43:41 PM

"gaz" <x.x@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway to extract the embedded jpg from the raw file of a canon
>powershot s70? According to the manual the camera includes this jpg to
>enable photo viewers to view the photo which don't support the raw format.
>
>Thanks
>
>Gaz

The other trick is to just rename the crw_1234.thm file to
crw_1234.jpg. In linux my viewer appears to ignore the suffix and
just plain lets me view the jpeg in the thm file.

Good luck!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
SPAM Reduction: Remove "x." from my domain.