What graphic card is compatible with my computer

Hello,
I'm not sure if grphic card i might buy is compatible with my motherboard.I would like to buy Nvidia Geforce 9800 Gt 1GB 256-bit .

# PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

# 300 Watt or greater power supply
# PCI Express® or PCI based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

My spec is

:-Window Xp SP3
:- Intel Dual Core inside
:- 2.50 Ghz
:-1 Gb RAM
:-BUS type PCI
4 answers Last reply
More about what graphic card compatible computer
  1. well, you can use 9800GT on any motherboard, as long as the board has PCI-E slot on it...
    Only dual core, right? so, if you can, OC it a little bit to 3.0GHz or higher then you'll good.
    Also, add another 1GB of RAM, so the setup will be (1+1)GB = 2 sticks.
  2. wa1 said:
    well, you can use 9800GT on any motherboard, as long as the board has PCI-E slot on it...
    Only dual core, right? so, if you can, OC it a little bit to 3.0GHz or higher then you'll good.
    Also, add another 1GB of RAM, so the setup will be (1+1)GB = 2 sticks.

If the dual core is at 2.0-2.4GHz, he may not be able to set it as high as 3.0GHz, even more so if it's a prebuilt.
    Can you tell us what psu you have? You need a psu with a 6pin cable, and a pci-e slot, also at least 350+watts.
  3. Yeh it should work fine without a faster processor and more ram you wont be able to make the most of the card
  4. well, my e6300 (1.8GHz stock speed) can go up to 2.7GHz without raising the VCore... :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia PCI Compatibility Motherboards Graphics