CETON InfiniTV 4

Totalslaughter

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Hey all,

I placed an order with cannonpc for my card two months ago, I see they recently posted an update on their site saying more cards are arriving late next week Nov 10th - 12th but they don't provide information on whether all existing orders will be filled or not.

So, to the point, I built a HTPC from spare parts and bought some new parts just waiting on the tuner card, wondering if anyone else successfully ordered and received the CETON InfiniTV 4 card from cannonpc or one of the other three venders and how long it took from placing the order to receiving it.

Also, I am curious if anyone knows, Ceton says it can go in any speed PCIe slot, would it benefit from a faster slot, 4x 8x or 16x vs 1x?

Thanks.

PS: For those of you that don't know, the CETON InfiniTV 4 is a 4 tuner HD card which fits in a PCIe slot. Problem is their only available through three retailers who get them directly from ceton and they are on back order from all three, seems whenever an awesome new product like this comes out or a new graphics card, etc, they can never keep up with demand.

:(

Link to manufacturers website: http://www.cetoncorp.com/products.php

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Since the card has an 1x connector, it will interface with the mobo at 1x speed, regardless of whether you put into another (higher bandwidth) slot. BTW, what cable service are you using? Considering one of these for my AT&T uVerse if supported.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I haven't ordered one yet, but I intend to just a soon as they are reliably in stock.

As for whether you'll see any benefit from installing it into any PCI-E slot, the answer would be no. The card only has a PCI-Ex1 interface.

-Wolf sends

Totalslaughter

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Thanks guys, at least one of my curiosities put to rest.

Cable service = comcrap... err comcast ;)

I already got a cable card from them, it's sitting in a drawer until I get my card. I have an old Ati card in my HTPC atm, radeon 2200 or something iirc but it's got a built in hdmi port so Im'a try it and maybe replace it with something else down the road with 3D blue ray support / better gaming performance as a secondary gaming rig a friend can jump on and play some Sc2 or L4d2.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Come back to the forum with your results. Be interesting to see how a real world user does with the device. Did a little digging since your original post and I can't use with uVerse (IPTV based) yet. Good luck!