Feb 17, 2011
My specs:
Amd phenom 955 @ stock , stock cooler
GTX460 1GB sparkle
500gb wd caviar blue
asus m4a77t/usb3
corsair gs600w
case is gigabyte gz-pc.

I know it's awful for a system like mentioned,but now I have to make it work cooler.

Fans:
I have 12cm scytche fan 1,200 rpm
and two stock 9,2cm gigabyte fans.
Psu has 14cm fan.

Options:
12cm fan fits in front and on the side panel bottom(where gpu is).
9,2cm fan fits in front and at the back of the case. Also I could remove fan duct and put 9,2 there.

So what should I do to improve airflow?
Where should I put those fans? And how to put them? To exhaust or intake?

If it's important I could post temps.

P.S. if I put 12cm fan on the side panel as a intake fan it runs very loud.

You are correct. You have to choose between airflow and noise and find a happy medium. Personally, I think one good fan in front and one in back plus the power supply fan is adequate. The rest of the cooling has to be from the heatsinks on the video card or cpu. If you're not happy, you can always go with water, but I don't think it's worth the cost. Cpus and video chipsets are tough; if they're overheating, they'll give you plenty of warning including artifacts and windows bluescreens. You may have nothing to worry about. Don't believe that everyone get temps in the 30's all the time.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Now I've put 12cm fan on the side panel to intake air and 9,2cm at the back with nothing at the front. GPU temp has raised to 71load, when I had 64-68 with nothing on the side. But cpu has dropped about 2 degrees.

My temps with 12cm in front and 9,2cm (exhaust) at the back were: CPU load 66-68, 33-37idle. Gpu 28idle 68load. I wanted to improve those a bit,because at the load is too near to critical which is 72c for cpu.

So I guess I should put 12cm at the front to intake air. Or on the side panel as an exhaust?

Also what should I do with two 9,2cm's? three options, replace air duct, front,back?

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
PSU fan would be enough for the rear exhaust?
If so 9,2cm at the back for extra exhaust won't affect airflow to PSU? Would it be effective?

Or I should put 9,2cm at the back as an intake fan to flow fresh air into case?

No need to fixate over the psu.
Leave the psu out of your case airflow equation.
The psu fan pulls air in and exhausts the heat out the back thru the mesh grill.
Your internal case temp has an effect on the psu's performance but case fan placements are not critical to the psu's performance.
As long as your case has proper airflow the psu will be fine.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
What could be the best improvement for the money for my build?

Cooler mater tx3 or 212 plus.
Or
Antec one hundred or antec three hundred.

Maybe I could buy one of these components. Maybe cheaper antec or cooler would be enough? Or not? What should I buy cooler or case?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Antec Three Hundred Illusion, because it already comes with fans.

The nice thing about the One Hundred is that it has eight slots, but it's made of thinner steel.

The Three Hundred Illusion side panel fan mount has no fan. I suggest turning the intakes to high-speed mode (which is still fairly quiet), then adding one of your old fans to the side panel as an EXHAUST. That way, you're relying in the lower intake fan to feed cool air to the graphics card, and the side panel fan to remove the warm air from beside the graphics card.

fatsoferret

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
The antec 300 illusion is a amazing case and would give great air flow in the case, if you get it tho just make sure to route your cables properly.

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for helping.

I hope I could buy antec three hundred or one hundred in summer.

For now I'll try to get CM 212 hyper plus. (I hope it will fit)

Because 212hyper plus costs 54$
antec three hundred 83$
antec one hundred 74$

It's a bit too expensive to get both at the same time.

I know that u fellas reviewed lots of benchmarks and reviews. I wonder If u could tell me what could I expect with coolermaster tx3 or hyper 212+ in my case?

Would it be enough to fight against my case awfulness? :D