Does anyone know why a persons Planets REG won't show up on a Registration
log for the host? in other words, to clarify, the Reg.log will usually show
the name and REg number for each player that submits a turn, however I have
noticed that it is not present for some players...

Ed

--
Please don't just hit "reply" to reply to this email. Be sure to reply to
the correct address.

In article <111unsoe4u33f02@corp.supernews.com>,
host@battlestarcommand.com says...
> Does anyone know why a persons Planets REG won't show up on a Registration
> log for the host? in other words, to clarify, the Reg.log will usually show
> the name and REg number for each player that submits a turn, however I have
> noticed that it is not present for some players...
>
> Ed

Would it react that way if the players were using the Shareware version?

No, it would post a notice saying the player was using a Shareware Verion..
in this case it just doesn't show anything.

Ed

edsvga wrote:
> Does anyone know why a persons Planets REG won't show up on a Registration
> log for the host? in other words, to clarify, the Reg.log will usually show
> the name and REg number for each player that submits a turn, however I have
> noticed that it is not present for some players...

Do you mean that the player's reg number does not show up, or is the
player not even listed in reg.log? The former is perfectly normal; I
haven't seen the latter yet.

If a player plays with Dosplan, HOST writes the following to reg.log:
| Player 9 The Robotic Imperium
| PLAYER'S NAME HERE
| PLAYER'S TOWN HERE

If a player uses Winplan, it will write:
| Player 2 The Lizard Alliance
| PLAYER'S NAME HERE
| PLAYER'S ADDRESS HERE
|
| Serial Number: REG NUMBER HERE
| Reg Date: REG DATE HERE

Regarding PLAYER'S NAME and PLAYER'S ADDRESS: if a player uses Winplan,
he can fill in anything he wants here (the 'activation' dialog when
installing). For Dosplan, you'll see whatever Tim put there. Tim also
gives out registrations which have strange numbers there, for example.

The REG NUMBER and REG DATA fields only exist for Winplan clients
(actually, in the turn file, they are stored at the same place where
player name and town are stored in a Dosplan turn).

Stefan

Player is not even listed in the REg log... at all.. nothing there... and
they have been submitting turns.

Ed

edsvga wrote:
> Player is not even listed in the REg log... at all.. nothing there... and
> they have been submitting turns.

Well, then, what does un-trn say on their turns?
(If you think this is sensitive information, reply by mail.)

Stefan

How about 3th party clients like VPA, PCC or JVC?

And what would happen if you let a computerplayer like Spacelord fill
in for you one turn, because it generates it's own trn-file.

-PT

PeeTee wrote:

> How about 3th party clients like VPA, PCC or JVC?
>
> And what would happen if you let a computerplayer like Spacelord fill
> in for you one turn, because it generates it's own trn-file.

SpaceLord will have its own code in the log. I came across this issue
once with the dude who runs Robomaster... I ran Spacelord for a few
turns in a test game, and he noticed the odd single-letter registration
code it gave, and asked me about it...

-- Smoovious

Hi,

> How about 3th party clients like VPA, PCC or JVC?

They do keep the registration of Winplan or DOSplan you have and just
relay it. They might add their client information though.

Regards,
Ingo