playing on my wireless internet with through my router to the cable modem * .. im the only one using the internet in my house but im still lagging or having a bad connection * i have privacy protection on my wireless router so i know its not that ** . is it comcast itself giving me problems because cable and phone and internet are hooked to the same thing ** i dunno * its irritating me when i have high speed internet but when i play im laggin like crap ** please help me **errrrr
More about :comcast modem wireless internet issue
September 13, 2010 8:14:55 AM
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.