Sign in with
Your question

How to get your pc to see your xbox 360 controller

Last response: in CPUs
April 2, 2011 2:16:57 AM

the problem is my computer wont see my xbox360 controller when its pluged in and when i hit the home button it just turns on the xbox i need help :??:  :sweat:  danielkruyer[at]gmail.com

More about : xbox 360 controller

a b à CPUs
April 2, 2011 2:25:02 AM

Have you downloaded the driver for it. I have an xbox controller for my pc and since I have windows7 I didn't have to get the driver for it.
m
l
Related resources
April 2, 2011 4:30:03 PM

I was having the same problem as you. I plugged in my xbox 360 pad with the PNP cable and do you know the noise you get when you plug a device in to the USB port, it never did that.

So any help that is given on here will help me also. I'm using Windows 7 ultimate.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2011 4:58:03 PM

have you tried updating driver with the controller plugged in?
m
l
a c 112 à CPUs
April 2, 2011 6:07:51 PM

you shouldn't be getting any noises, like clicks or static groundings when you plug em in. if your using wireless 1s then you will need to run a driver. but as said if your using win 7 it should auto detect it when you plug it in.
if its not then assume you either have a problem with the controller or the usb port.
m
l
April 10, 2011 1:50:06 AM

Beg to differ but my XP Pro SP3 32bit did not need a driver, it found and installed device with no hitches, for the wired one.
Wireless you will need a wireless device receiver plugged in and that may need drivers.
m
l
July 6, 2011 7:00:13 PM

Well crapola,

I just talked to a few local gamer stores and they're telling me that I cannot use my brand freaking new XBox 360 wireless controllers on PC even with the cord. What a load of crap.

I now have new 3 controllers - that's a lot of money just on controllers. I don't want to have to buy another XBox 360 controller just to play on PC. Why can't Microsoft make a controller that works on both XBox and PC?

I'd like for everyone to help put that request through to Microsoft and XBox. Post it at the XBox and Microsoft forums as well as their suggestions/comments area or whatever.

P.S. Will there be new controllers out taking advantage of USB 3.0 or no?
m
l
July 13, 2011 11:38:31 AM

What service pack do you have on XP ?
You don't need USB 3.0 speeds for game controllers, it will never make a difference.
Like I said, my XP SP3 found and installed the X-Box 360 wired controller no problem.
m
l
July 13, 2011 12:08:19 PM

Ok @JoseJones, and the Topic poster @sizz-lorr

After reading the topic posters post and then reading JoseJones post I see what all but one person has forgot to mention. If you both or using Xbox 360 Wireless controllers the Plug and Play Kit DOES NOT MAKE YOUR CONTROLLER WIRED!!!

The PLUG AND PLAY KIT IS JUST A CHARGING CABLE.

When your using the Plug and Play Kit Cable your controller is still wireless it doesnt magically convert to a wired controller thats not how it works. (Think of it like your cellphone charger just because you plug your cellphone into the wall for power doesnt make it a land line because you have a cord plugged into it now.)

What you both need is this device right here check out the link.

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Win...

That device on that link will give you both the piece you need in order to use your wireless controllers with your windows based system.

Now if you go buy a true Wired Legit Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller. The one that actually has the cable built into the controller and costs like $10 cheaper than the wireless controllers. That controller will work just by plugging it into a USB 2.0 slot.

To answer JoseJones second question USB 3.0 would be absolutely pointless for a game controller would not offer anything more than 2.0 especially since the wired controllers that use USB 2.0 aren't even saturating 1/3 of what USB 2.0 is capable of handling.
m
l
!