Sign in with
Your question

A780FullHD onboard gfx + 5850

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2010 1:15:21 PM

Hello,

I've got this motherboard (A780FullHD) a while now and tried it a couple of times before. Is it possible to let this work (the onboard gfx card and the 5850) together in Hybrid CrossfireX.
In the manual instruction book it says that I need a 3xxx gfx card to let it work together, but on the website from Ati it says something else. About what chipset should work with it.

If someone can help me with this problem so I can get the maximum out of my system. Maybe some explanation or a solution for this.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 8, 2010 1:24:39 PM

The simple answer is that your onboard video is too crappy to help your 5850. Hybrid CrossfireX is to supplement lower end cards, the 5850 is fast enough that offloading any work to the IGP would actually slow things down for you.
November 8, 2010 1:25:06 PM

I know that a 5850 is a great card on its own. But the extra memory I could get from it, is interesting for me. Is there another way to get it or is this the only way?
Related resources
November 8, 2010 1:34:48 PM

benski said:
The simple answer is that your onboard video is too crappy to help your 5850. Hybrid CrossfireX is to supplement lower end cards, the 5850 is fast enough that offloading any work to the IGP would actually slow things down for you.

That should say enough I think. So best thing for me is to buy an even better gfx card, then try to let this work.

Thanks for your answer.
November 8, 2010 1:35:20 PM

Quote:
You will not get any extra memory.

How's that so?
November 8, 2010 1:43:34 PM

Quote:
You will not get any extra memory from your onboard gpu if you hybrid crossfire.Your V-ram will stay at 1 gb.Which is plenty for any games.

This helped me out for my problem. Thank you for your information and reply.
!