merig00

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
The last time I purchased a computer was 8 years ago and now it is not only morally but also physically outdated. Even some flash videos are jittery on it.

So I came up with a build I like on cyberpower and would like you guys to take a look at it.

My budget is $850-900 with an idea to upgrade GPU(SLI) and RAM in a year or so if I need it. I mostly use it for surfing net, watching videos and working in MS Office and Quickbooks. I casually play World of Tanks and would like to get back into BF series.

Here is you can see my build options in case you want to suggest changes: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1CXMHK

My build specs:

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window [-40]
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-760 2.80 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156
Freebies: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] EVGA P55 TR Intel P55V Chipset DDR3 Socket 1156 mATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, & 2 PCIe X1 [-15]
Motherboard Expansion Card: None
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+140] (EVGA Superclocked [+20])
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
Multiple Video Card Settings: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+36]
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+22] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

In the future I'm thinking about getting a second GTX460 and going SLI as well as upgrading RAM to 8GB (probably soon) or maybe even to all 16.

So I want to be sure of the following:

1)Is the case large enough to accommodate everything and provide good cooling at the same time.
2)Is cooling system sufficient enough?
3)Is power-supply reliable and would it be enough to support my build and second GPU in case I upgrade?
4)I haven't heard much about EVGA mobos, is it a good choice?
5)I think i5-760 is good enough, or should I upgrade to i7-870? And should I pay cyberpower to overclock it?

And overall what do you think about this build?

4 gb is enough for gaming.....if think you might you want more, get 2 sticks of 4 gb each now...

If you can spare the money now, check out benchmarks of 5870 gpus ($239 on sale at Newegg), which rival the GTX570......

merig00

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
5870 puts me out of my price range. Plus I was just recommended to get a more powerful powersupply 800W+ since I want to go SLI in the future.