Apr 2, 2011
Hi my question is "Is my cpu running hot?"

It idles around 38C when i play games it goes to around 68C

I recently did the stress test and went all the way to 79C
I used realtemp and it ran with prime 95

Here is some screen shots of my pc
cpu_z.png

sensor_test.jpg

What should i be running at or what are the average min and max?

Thanks

Solution
Those temps are fine. I run a couple of systems with "lesser" i7-950 and i7-930 processors. They are hot running chips. A stock cooler is simply in-adequate. I went to a Venomous X and a Noctua cooler on each. I idle at 30C and max out at 60C on Stock speeds.

I've found that OC'ing them to 3.33Ghz is about the best I can do for "daily drivers" as the temps are in the mid-70's under Prime95 loads, mid-60's in games......

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
It's not too bad actually for a CPU of that performance.

Keep in mind, stress tests are mearly just that. They make everything run hotter than they should. Personally, I'd aim for 50-60C for that CPU with a nice aftermarket cooler, the temps honestly aren't that bad.

vandals856

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply :bounce: . Made me feel better about the temperature readings I was a bit worried.

Right now its using the Asetek 510LC liquid cooling. But I'm guessing its a bit higher than normal also because my room temperature is kinda hot. "Summer is here"

jb6684

Distinguished
Those temps are fine. I run a couple of systems with "lesser" i7-950 and i7-930 processors. They are hot running chips. A stock cooler is simply in-adequate. I went to a Venomous X and a Noctua cooler on each. I idle at 30C and max out at 60C on Stock speeds.

I've found that OC'ing them to 3.33Ghz is about the best I can do for "daily drivers" as the temps are in the mid-70's under Prime95 loads, mid-60's in games......

Solution