Please help! Which to choose????

Hello all,

I'm planning on buying a new low/mid priced laptop and I'm stuck between two laptops...was hoping tomshardware can point me in the right direction!

Ill be using the laptop for light Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver work and light gaming. Was hoping to be able to play COD:Black ops on low settings, but thats a bonus.

I do have a powerful desktop, but i still need a laptop because I'm moving around alot.

Here they are...

Acer Aspire
Intel® Core™ i3-370M processor (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
3 GB RAM
Graphics:UMA
320 GB HDD (5400 Rpm)
Screen:15.6" HD Acer CineCrystal™ LED LCD
Optical Drive:DVD-Super Multi DL drive
Around £380 NEW

Sony VAIO
Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
4 GB RAM DDR3 SDRAM
500GB HDD (5400 Rpm)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics
Screen:15.5 VAIO
Around £480 - £500

Now i understand the acer will not be able to play black ops with that intergrated gfx. Is the Sony worth the extra ££..

If you have any recommendations for other laptops, please let me know :P thought I'm looking to keep it below £500..

Thanks! :)
3 answers Last reply
More about please help choose
  1. sony VAIO is worth the extra cash BUT sony is usually overpriced look at some asus laptops and keep us updated and the sandy bridge (intels new CPUs) laptops should be coming out sooner or later so you should wait
  2. sir philus said:
    sony VAIO is worth the extra cash BUT sony is usually overpriced look at some asus laptops and keep us updated and the sandy bridge (intels new CPUs) laptops should be coming out sooner or later so you should wait

Thanks for the quick reply Sir philus :)

I wasn't able to find any Asus laptops on amazon.co.uk that compare with these specs at this price range :( (prefer to use amazon!)

Well I think if i was to even play black ops on that Sony, its going to be painful :P I dout ill find a laptop able to play it AND be able to do webdesign on at this price range :P...

I guess the Acer is the one to go for being £100 cheaper...

but dam.. i love the look of those Sony laptops grr :P
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Laptops Systems